Fatigue wound time

For general discussion about XCOM: Long War
Tiger's Eye

Fatigue wound time

Post by Tiger's Eye »

IIrc a fatigued soldier would take the equivalent of a 1 HP wound after taking on another mission. Now I took three fatigued soldiers today which got 11, 13 and 15 days wound time. How is this possible? Does the fatigue wound add to the remaining fatigue time? I don't remember that beeing the case.
ArchAngelis

Re: Fatigue wound time

Post by ArchAngelis »

Fatigue wound time is calculated with a base amount, plus an additional increment for each point of soldier health lost. The amounts vary with difficulty I believe, but the base value roughly 7 days for classic mode, with a 3-4 day additional for each point of damage.

(All of my numbers are just spitballing, but I remember reading that the amount was calculated in this way some time ago.)
Tiger's Eye

Post by Tiger's Eye »

Ok, but my soldiers didn't get wounded, just fatigued, and still got up to 15 days.
ArchAngelis

Post by ArchAngelis »

Ok, what difficulty are you playing on? And do you have Dynamic War enabled in the second wave options? With non-dynamic and classic difficulty, I usually see just over a week of fatigue usually.
Tiger's Eye

Post by Tiger's Eye »

Normal, no dynamic war.
Plockets

Post by Plockets »

I believe any fatigue time your soldier had initially is added to the time of the inflicted wound when you exhaust him. Also, there is a random component to injury times, based on the %age of health your soldier lost. You can see more details here: http://ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=In ... (Long_War)
CrypticC62

Post by CrypticC62 »

Here's a sample calculation to show how a fatigue injury could result in 15 days in the medbay:

Chirpy is a psionic soldier with Regen Biofield and 4 HP.
Chirpy is fatigued, but being the good soldier that he is, he volunteers for a mission on day 60 of the campaign, and receives no injuries.
Chirpy comes back, randomly rolls a new fatigue timer of 4 days.
Regen Biofield adds 24 hours to that, so now he's at 5 days.

The maximum injury timer is 55 * (1 - R), where R is given by 27 / (Days + 45).
Day 60 of the campaign means that R = 0.257, and the maximum injury timer is 55 * 0.743 = 40.865.
Since Chirpy lost 1/4 of his health due to being fatigued, his injury timer is roughly 1/4 * 40 = 10 days.

Fatigue timer 5 days + injury timer 10 days = 15 days in the medbay.