Annoying "beep" computer sounds

Eolish

Annoying "beep" computer sounds

Post by Eolish »

Hadn't played since Patch #3 but somewhere in the last two patches they either added computer beeping sounds OR they increased their volume and they drive me crazy to the point I can't even play the game they get on my nerves so much. And to make it worse, they "hide" them all over the place. They are in music, ambient, and UI and the only way to get rid of them I have found it to disable all of those (set to 0%) which I find almost as bad as I like the other ambient/UI sounds and find them helpful in navigating the UI / playing the game. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, imagine the 1970's mainframe trope in SciFi / movies, loud ear splitting annoying computer beeps.

Anyone know a way to disable JUST these? (there a .wav file or something I can delete?). If not, hey Pavonis, can you give that as an option as love the game but I can't play it longer than 5 minutes anymore because of that.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Annoying "beep" computer sounds

Post by johnnylump »

No idea what you're referring to, especially if you're hearing it after turning down individual audio volumes and it's still occurring.

I'll flag this for our audio dev, but we may want some kind of recording for what you're hearing so we can understand what you mean.
JohnCaruso
Pavonis Dev

Re: Annoying "beep" computer sounds

Post by JohnCaruso »

Eolish wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:39 am Hadn't played since Patch #3 but somewhere in the last two patches they either added computer beeping sounds OR they increased their volume and they drive me crazy to the point I can't even play the game they get on my nerves so much. And to make it worse, they "hide" them all over the place. They are in music, ambient, and UI and the only way to get rid of them I have found it to disable all of those (set to 0%) which I find almost as bad as I like the other ambient/UI sounds and find them helpful in navigating the UI / playing the game. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, imagine the 1970's mainframe trope in SciFi / movies, loud ear splitting annoying computer beeps.

Anyone know a way to disable JUST these? (there a .wav file or something I can delete?). If not, hey Pavonis, can you give that as an option as love the game but I can't play it longer than 5 minutes anymore because of that.
Can you please provide us a video with audio showcasing what you are experiencing, as well as the Player.log and Player-prev.log from this directory: \Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Pavonis Interactive\TerraInvicta