Station flipping AI...

KinSeth2

Station flipping AI...

Post by KinSeth2 »

This is... insane. Once again I'd love to see how the AI pulls this off. Max size stations getting flipped on a dime but my maxed out guys cant flip a basic single hab. I got a save for you on it if you want it, but this is ridiculous. You get these nice buffs for building in orbit, but if you build in orbit, you aren't allowed to have the stations. It's so bad and it's irreparable. You cant have LEO stations because the AI can freely flip them with a shitty 10 skill councilor. You can send someone up to follow them, sure. You can't flip it back though no matter what. 0% chance for your maxed out guy.

So what are you gonna do? Take it over with marines? Rebuild it from the damage? Then they can just flip it again. Can't blow it up cuz that's an atrocity. Save would be bricked if I didn't save every round and can roll back to just never build the stations.

The game has some problems, but this is the only aspect I find entirely unplayable.
Meow67

Re: Station flipping AI...

Post by Meow67 »

You can build habitats outside of the earth-moon sphere without risking losing them to enemy agents.. Never saw an AI move their agent to mars to take over your asset. Even though I did not try it, as I always used ships to invade them. When you start to build a habitat around earth, remember to reinforce them with your agent. There are also mid game techs which give additional protection to stations.

I was losing habitats around earth too. Was really annoying before I started to build proper defenses on them. 1-2 layered defenses + 1 marine platform do the trick. On rings, rather even 4 bastions with 1 marine platoon (rather overkill with making proper fortification than crying of losing them).

Since I started putting defenses on every habitat, I did not have any problems with enemy agents trying to take it. But they might rebel, if your agents have low loyalty, you need to keep them in check too.

The only thing I have to do is to reinforce the habitat which I just ordered and keep watching over it until construction of the defense is done. Then I don't need to worry about losing it to another faction without a fight. At this moment I have around 10-15 rings on earth for science/tourism and ship building and human AI never tried to take it over.

If you are losing them even when you reinforce them with your agents, or adding a few defense platforms, could be a bug or AI researched tech which boosts their “taking over space asset” ability to cheat basically.

Yet I would prefer, if “control space asset” as ability would not exist at all
KinSeth2

Post by KinSeth2 »

My issue with this is that you lose all those interface buffs. Grrr
niquedegraaff

Post by niquedegraaff »

Maybe you went over your mission control cap, then it's easy to flip your station.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Also, if you see ANY councilor with the undercover trait, especially one of your ideological enemies...assassinate them ASAP.