Watching some WotC on youtube

Forum to support developing of community project to update Long War 2 to work with the War of the Chosen expansion.
cryptc

Watching some WotC on youtube

Post by cryptc »

So I've not really played any xcom2 for a while now (WotC felt a bit strange with LW gone), but I've watched some WotC played, and there's a couple of glaring things watching it that I hope LWotC (or other mods) fixes.

1. There's never time to do anything. It looks like you can never finish something before something else pops up distracting you, making the game feel stressing since you can't really be in many places at once. LW felt better with this because you could infiltrate and leave squads to continue scanning, but it might be more of a WotC thing in which case LWotC would get the same problem. Just feels annoying to be constantly interrupted and have 2-3 different scans unfinished, never get time to start dlc's or get to faction hq's, etc...

2. Oh my god all the chatter... xcom2 was already bad on a lot of talking, but WotC literally doesn't shut up :P ... I'm sure there's mods that just removes all of that though :P
evan466

Re: Watching some WotC on youtube

Post by evan466 »

On your first point, I generally agree. I usually use true concealment mod as I like a more casual experience and it seems to make more sense to me but I'm guessing the creator would need to update it for LWotC.

And the chatter, oh yeah, definitely agree. Even before all the Chosen joined in on the radio chatter you could have moments where central and the others are just talking for minutes on end. With the Chosen it's constant background chatter. Can be annoying.
cryptc

Post by cryptc »

Well on the first point I didn't actually mean inside missions (although that's certainly true too), I meant on the map, where you get stuff popping out all around you, all needing 5-7 days to scan and timing out after a while... made it really hard to prioritize stuff that doesn't time out (like contacting new regions, and doing dlc stuff, both which are kinda important)
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

cryptc wrote:There's never time to do anything. It looks like you can never finish something before something else pops up distracting you, making the game feel stressing since you can't really be in many places at once.
Only a problem if you don't get a faction command to skip waiting. My WotC campaign had too much time to do everything. There was a time when I contacted 3 regions in a single day to reach the next story mission.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd