Suggestions: AWC Functionality

Forum to support developing of community project to update Long War 2 to work with the War of the Chosen expansion.
The13Inquisitor

Suggestions: AWC Functionality

Post by The13Inquisitor »

Hello.

Decided to watch this forum to keep abreast of Long War of the Chosen but during my last couple of (unsuccessful) runs have got me thinking.

I don't know whether this has been discussed or not but I figure I might as well ask\suggest anyway.

So:

The AWC's replacement in WotC by the Training Center and Infirmary makes for some interesting early game dilemmas but it also throws up problems later on. Namely, there's only one slot to cure phobias and some of them can be potentially crippling.

I get the feeling the option to upgrade the infirmary with a second therapist might be something to consider, given the larger roster and how ugly some missions can get. There's liable to be a lot of phobias and compulsions with just the one bay, particularly later on.

The Training Center meanwhile and by extension the ability points present another problem.

That problem being, how Vanilla Long War handles pistol perks and AWC perks in general.

The Training Center reinvents the wheel somewhat in comparison to Vanilla and it begs the question of is the way you get pistol perks going to be kept for LWotC, or are they going to get rolled into the point-buy system?

At any rate, even without that one Templar order, ability points shouldn't be an issue.

I'm also curious\have some thoughts on the Resistance Factions but I'm not sure whether or not that should be its own topic or not.