acid grenade launched from fog of war

aklos

acid grenade launched from fog of war

Post by aklos »

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but I found myself on the receiving end of an acid grenade from inside the fog of war, with no visible enemies. This was an ADVENT Heavy Grenadier in a pod that my sniper had pulled from across the map. The only other times that I've been attacked from the fog of war have been from a squadsight turret. If a Heavy Grenadier can launch grenades into the fog, that's one thing. But being able to precisely target the grenade without even the benefit of a spotter? That's not desirable gameplay.

I literally had to advance my wounded soldiers out of cover on my turn to see the grenadier that had attacked me.
aklos

Re: acid grenade launched from fog of war

Post by aklos »

I'm able to supply a save game if this is fix-worthy.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

A save would be great, thanks.
aklos

Post by aklos »

Okay, I've got this save to the point where if you simply end the turn, Maria Petrova will take an acid grenade from the fog's edge: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bri3t1ew8x5crq6/save26?dl=0
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks. I've added a fix for this. It's a vanilla bug/feature - the AI is allowed to AoE you even if it can't directly see you, and the AI always knows exactly where every non-concealed XCOM soldier is. With the fix they should only consider units as targets if *someone* on the AI team can see them, so as not to break archers bombarding you from far away.
aklos

Post by aklos »

That vanilla AI, such a troublemaker.

(Thanks for caring about issues like this!)