UFO Defense Mission Skipped (Preventing other missions)

Kosmo

UFO Defense Mission Skipped (Preventing other missions)

Post by Kosmo »

So I ran into a nasty bug just now where I was being chased by a UFO -- it caught me and I started gearing up for a UFO defense. I was annoyed that i JUST put people in AWC and Officer tubes, so I wanted to see if there was a way I could go get them out. The loadout screen however has no way to get back to the avenger. I decided oh well, lets pick a squad. Thats when I noticed the soldier selection screen did have a 'return to avenger' button. I excitedly returned, freed my guys, and tried to go back to the mission screen. Unfortunately there seems to be no way to get back to the mission. Additionally, no other missions show up.

1) The version of Long War you are playing.
2) The platform you are playing on.
* Windows 10 64bit
3) What other XCOM2 mods you are playing with.
* Graphical/Voicepacks/QoL (evac all, lifetime stats, ...), nothing that I believe would cause this issue
4) The circumstances of the bug or precise steps to produce it.
* Get attacked by UFO -- potentially with soldiers in AWC or Officer training
* Rather than start the mission, get back to the avenger screen through the soldier select menu
* Be sad that you cannot do any missions

5) Whether you are able to offer a savegame for us to look at.
* I have my ironman save if you want it -- it is after the bug, but you can still see the UFO chasing me around the map unable to start the mission.
Amineri

Re: UFO Defense Mission Skipped (Preventing other missions)

Post by Amineri »

Thanks for the report, was able to figure out the cause of the bug.

Issue was that base XCOM 2 UIPersonnel and UIArmory adds the geoscape hotlink EXCEPT when exactly class'UISquadSelect' is in the screen stack. Since we made a bunch of changes to Squad Select (back row for 6 more soldiers displayed), this check was failing and showing the hotlink when it shouldn't.

Had to make some changes to XComGame for this, changing some instances of :

Code: Select all

!`ScreenStack.IsInStack(class'UISquadSelect')
to

Code: Select all

`SCREENSTACK.GetFirstInstanceOf(class'UISquadSelect') == none
The former doesn't check for whether a child class of UISquadSelect is in the stack, while the latter does.
roberdjp

Re: UFO Defense Mission Skipped (Preventing other missions)

Post by roberdjp »

So that means no pulling people out of training for that mission, I take it.