Soldiers cannot jump through windows or low cover

rakoon79

Re: Soldiers cannot jump through windows or low cover

Post by rakoon79 »

I think the path JL is referring to may be Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\268500\844674609\Config\XComParcels.ini file. Someone in the dev team please confirm if you could
stmack

Post by stmack »

ah I see, so best bet is to abandon the mission, cheers!
Dagless

Post by Dagless »

Thanks rakoon. That makes more sense. I'm a bit of a noob messing with ini files.

I tried the fix to remove the maps and found myself in the same weird void as stmack (the Matrix Loading Program?). It did contain the building I landed on, but nothing else out there.

I'd actually returned to a save from before I detected the mission, but I guess it's possible that the mission and map were already in the cue.

Do maps get assigned before you even see the mission? I which case, I'll just skip this one and continue. Could have used the 5 resistance guys, but not a disaster. But if not, it will be hard to continue until the patch is released.
TyreT

Post by TyreT »

Dagless wrote:Do maps get assigned before you even see the mission?
That is the case from what I've seen in the code.
It seems the amount of time a mission is available on the map-screen starts ticking when it gets generated(which is before it gets visible on the map). Depending on the scanning values for the region, it gets detected sooner or later(or not at all, if your scanning score is too low and it times out before being detected).
That's why you have more infiltration time for detected missions left, if you have a good amount of resistance members assigned to "intel"(or "recruit" for some missions).
eimhin

Post by eimhin »

This VIP is completely incapable of getting off the toilet.
My soldiers are not trained for this situation.

Also, on an earlier mission, this soldier jumped down onto a sunny balcony and refused to leave. Slacker

Im not sure how to find out the current map name, but I will find out how to find out if that would help.

Relevant mods of note:
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Eimhin, look at page 1 or the patchlist for 1.2, there's your answer and a workaround.
eimhin

Post by eimhin »

Zyrrashijn wrote:Eimhin, look at page 1 or the patchlist for 1.2, there's your answer and a workaround.
Hi Zyrrashijn. Thanks. I had read through this thread and did see that workaround.

That workaround, as I understand it, works by removing two problematic maps from the generation cycle
johnnylump wrote:The fix I posted would only prevent it from being queued up in future missions, sorry.
and won't help people who, like me, didn't know about this bug until they have already encountered it in the tactical game, which is why I thought it prudent to repeat here a workaround that will resolve this for people stuck with a save game where this bug has already occurred.

Though I note it has been "resolved" for 1.2, I saw no information as to whether the fix was to the maps themselves or unit movement behaviour, so I thought it prudent to include screenshots of where it has occurred for me, and a custom map mod list, in the case map mod authors needed to be informed.
Last edited by eimhin on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

You're right. I just posted in case you missed it. As i understand, the parcels will get fixed in 1.2.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

The problem was the maps themselves, the z on some map elements was off by 16 unreal units.
Ousak

Post by Ousak »

This just happened =(

gonna lose a leader and 3 troops, feels bad.

http://imgur.com/wGqw1Zv
TheCiroth

Post by TheCiroth »

Ousak wrote:This just happened =(

gonna lose a leader and 3 troops, feels bad.

http://imgur.com/wGqw1Zv
Use the console to teleport to the evac point so you don't lose them?