Arc Thrower science

Only forum users with a previously approved post may post. Keep it family friendly.
Tanalbi
Long War EU Crew

Arc Thrower science

Post by Tanalbi »

So, recently, i began a labor training course about electricity (You know, how to make some blueprints about electric instalations when working on a construction site and such) and i began to wonder... how many Volts has an electric discharge of an Arc Thrower?

And i do know what are you gonna tell me, 1.21 Gigawatts since that's one of the many voice comment sound banks that a soldier has upon successfully stunning an alien with it, so i am gonna tell you:

A) That's a Back To The Future reference

B) These are just random comments soldiers cry

So iwith that discarded... what do you guys think? How many volts would an Arc Thrower have in it's discharge? I am accepting any mathematical equation that you throw at me, Rachel, since i do know very well that you're good at maths (No offense or anything).
"The prefect true curves of a woman are her smile"
Antifringe

Re: Arc Thrower science

Post by Antifringe »

Air has a dielectric strength of 3 million volts per meter, but humidity will drop that number pretty quickly. You can make a guess as to the minimum voltage of the arc thrower from looking at the range.