The Passage of Stars?

Anything goes, except keep it to a PG-13 rating.
cyanit

The Passage of Stars?

Postby cyanit » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Since this is Off-topic I'd like to ask JohnnyLump if the third Human Reach book is still actively in the works or if it's put on ice for Terra Invicta.
(That's what I'm assuming but it doesn't hurt to ask ;) )

I bought "Through Struggle, the Stars" after reading on it on /r/xcom (it was mentioned in a thread about how to support the LW devs IIRC) and I absolutely loved it!

On thehumanreach.net it just says that the tentative name for the third book is "The Passage of Stars" but other that that I didn't find much info about it, so I'm asking here :) .

Noganeto1
Long War EU Crew

Re: The Passage of Stars?

Postby Noganeto1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:51 am

I wrote a novel too! But it's on Spanish, i nearly have no time to translate it xS

johnnylump
Site Admin

Postby johnnylump » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:53 pm

Thanks for your interest. I'm still going to write it ... trick is finding time. It's plotted out and I've put a few words down, but this video game thing is taking up a lot of my time these days. It'll happen, just not in very near future.

nick_abbott

Postby nick_abbott » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:04 pm

johnnylump wrote:Thanks for your interest. I'm still going to write it ... trick is finding time. It's plotted out and I've put a few words down, but this video game thing is taking up a lot of my time these days. It'll happen, just not in very near future.

A novel about XCOM sounds like something that I would like to read. There are already two of them written? It sounds like I have a couple of books to find.

Here is what I have found with a quick search. http://www.thehumanreach.net/ Is this the setting for Terra Invicta? I plan to order both of these a bit later on this morning.

johnnylump
Site Admin

Postby johnnylump » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Yes, that's my web site for the novels. I should be clear they aren't X-Com/alien invasion stories.

Terra Invicta will be its own setting, not the Human Reach setting.

Thank you for giving them a look!

nick_abbott

Postby nick_abbott » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:26 pm

johnnylump wrote:Yes, that's my web site for the novels. I should be clear they aren't X-Com/alien invasion stories.

Terra Invicta will be its own setting, not the Human Reach setting.

Thank you for giving them a look!

Yes, I am aware that the setting is not XCOM but I enjoy many different Sci-Fi settings in literature. The description about the constructed wormholes and countries building and settling colonies sounds pretty enticing. The "Human Reach" sounds like an interesting setting, I am looking forward to reading them. They should arrive next Monday :)

nick_abbott

Postby nick_abbott » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:16 am

Both books arrived when scheduled and I was pleased with both. They are of good quality and I think that they are both titled interestingly. At the moment I have two books going Panzer Leader II and Life in a Medieval Castle. My two new sci-fi titles are next on my reading list. I am looking forward to reading them both. I enjoyed the back page information John, having drinks with both Donald Rumsfeld and Steve-O. You may be right about being the only guy to have done both! :)

Return to “Off-topic”