Units with mental immunity (Avatar) are immune to sting grenades but not flashbangs

This is to elevate certain bug reports so Long War 2 developers can interact with players.
LeaderEnemyBoss

Units with mental immunity (Avatar) are immune to sting grenades but not flashbangs

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

While playing around with my riftkeeper I noticed this inconsistency: normal Flashbangs work as they should on units with mental immunity (like Avatars), but sting grenades have no effect at all. No stun, no disorient! This is because the disorient effect of stinggrenades has a mental damagetype attached to it, while the disorient effect of flashbangs doesnt.

Suggestion
Either make Avatars immune to normal Flashbangs aswell, or make the sting grenade effects (or atleast the disorient effect) not mental. Currently Stinggrenades are strictly worse than normal Flashbangs vs Avatars.

EDIT:
Fixed some spelling mistakes since I apparently was very tired when I originally wrote this. No wonder nobody knew what i meant ;p
Last edited by LeaderEnemyBoss on Thu May 18, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LeaderEnemyBoss

Re: Units with mental immunity (Avatar) are immune to sting grenades but not flashbangs

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

So this issue is still present in LW2 1.3. I know its nothing huge, but also the fix is very easy :).

To reiterate: The disorient effect of flashbangs has no mental damagetype assocciated to it, while the disorient effect of sting grenades does! This means that normal flashbangs can disorient units with mental immunity, but sting grenades cant!

This does no longer affect the Avatars in the final mission (since m3 avatars are now 100% resistant to disorient anway), but it does affect m2 Avatars (the one that spawns when you skulljack the codex). It also affects any modded enemy that has mental immunity but is not 100% resistant to flashbangs (like my riftkeeper). Ofcourse removing the mental damage type from stinggrenades is not a huge deal via templatemod, but not every modder may know that this issue even exists.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Units with mental immunity (Avatar) are immune to sting grenades but not flashbangs

Post by johnnylump »

Where are you seeing that the M2 Avatar is spawned by skulljacking a codex? My understanding is that's an M3, too, and the M2 only appears as the commander on the final mission.

I would note the "KilledAnAvatar" event, which is necessary to complete the campaign objective path, is only triggered by killing an M3.