Haven Adviser Dissapears after Retaliation Mission

This is to elevate certain bug reports so Long War 2 developers can interact with players.
candyvan

Haven Adviser Dissapears after Retaliation Mission

Post by candyvan »

Hi All,

I am playing 1.2 with the following mods:
1) Evac all
2) Gotcha Again
3) Perfect information
4) Overwatch all
5) Music modding/EU soundtrack
6) Cosmetic soldier mods

I believe I have run into a bug affecting Haven Advisors/MECs and retaliation missions. Specifically, I had a TSgt Technical advisor in a region which also had a resistance MEC. A reinforcement drop in retaliation mission spawned in the region. During the retaliation mission, the MEC spawned but my advisor did not. After completing the mission (with no casualties and rescuing all listed rebels), my advisor is now straight up vanished from the game - he's no longer in the region nor is he in my soldier list in the armory. He's also not listed on the memorial wall in the Avenger bar. The region is still listed as having the resistance MEC.

I am not sure if the advisor needs to be actually rescued during the retaliation mission but I seem to remember then spawning as soldiers with their gear?

I have a save file from before the retaliation mission and then a save file after the mission. Unfortunately, I didn't realize he was missing from the game until some time later so I do not have a save file right at the mission itself. Should I provide the two save files I do have?
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Haven Adviser Dissapears after Retaliation Mission

Post by tracktwo »

If you can load the earlier game and have the adviser disappear again, then yes that'd be useful. You can force a retaliation mission with the console: \LWForceMission Terror_LW WorldRegion_EastNA (region is an example, replace it with the appropriate one for your region). If it doesn't repro when doing that there won't be much we can do with the save, unfortunately, because I haven't heard of anyone else having this happen.