Intel packages do not reward scan sites

This is to elevate certain bug reports so Long War 2 developers can interact with players.
steave

Intel packages do not reward scan sites

Post by steave »

PC
Other mods were turned off to verify the issue still existed, but these were either present for the rest of the campaign or added during it:
Quick soldier info
robojumper's various speed-ups
quick reload
make all items available & remove unused upgrades
instant avenger menus
TacticalUI Killcounter
show more buff details
perfect information
OW all/others
free reload anytime
stop wasting my time
show health values
gotcha
evac all
restored avenger navigation
Additionally, I've applied the bug fixes from the 1.2 thread.
I've already tried the troubleshooting steps, with no effect.

I am currently in November without having triggered the DLC missions. At first I assumed I was getting unlucky since so much time passes between sending a squad to infiltrate and actually completing the mission that I forgot I was supposed to get an intel package by then, but 2 intel package missions ago I was fairly sure I was supposed to get one and didn't. Next one after that was a facility lead, which I did get, and finally this one where I made very sure to save before and pay close attention when the mission finished infiltrating. After the mission was finished, I did not receive any facility lead or scan site.
I have 5 saves, one before the mission, one right before extract and one right after loading back to the strat layer, in addition to equivalent saves of the last two after following the troubleshooting steps if you need them.

EDIT: I'll be starting a new campaign to see if the issue persists. I'll report back as soon as I get a successful intel package mission from it.
EDIT 2: Oh,almost forgot. The first save MAY also contain a secondary bug - EVAC is set to 1 turn despite being commander. I was under the impression minimum should be 2 turns since base is 4, and max infil bonus is .2, but maybe there's something else I'mmissing to bring it down by 1, (I do not have the officer EVAC timer reduction).
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Intel packages do not reward scan sites

Post by johnnylump »

Intel Package can either give a scan site or a facility lead. If you didn't get either something's amiss.
steave

Post by steave »

Indeed. On the first mission I checked really closely I got a facility lead, on the second I got nothing at all.
steave

Post by steave »

In the new campaign, I did get the alien hunters weapons scan site after the first intel package. That is however the only scan site I remember getting from the last campaign too.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

So there is an issue we've been watching with the game running out of scan sites, but I believe the fix for that went out in 1.1. If it can't find a scan site to offer, it's supposed to reward supplies instead -- but that shouldn't pop up intel package at all.

We're still trying to figure out what's going on with the DLC scan sites.
knrp

Post by knrp »

I have now completed 2 Intel Package reward missions in a row that did not reward anything but the base intel. As I really need a facility lead very soon, this is a campaign killing bug atm.

I do not have any of the dlc.
knrp

Post by knrp »

Three in a row now. Whatever it is, it's pretty consistent.

Probably can't continue this campaign until it's fixed, at 3 pips left it might already be too late to find a facility lead, let alone when I have to risk troops and intel on doing baseline moderate+ hacking missions in stength 10 regions that might not reward anything.
steave

Post by steave »

knrp wrote:Three in a row now. Whatever it is, it's pretty consistent.

Probably can't continue this campaign until it's fixed, at 3 pips left it might already be too late to find a facility lead, let alone when I have to risk troops and intel on doing baseline moderate+ hacking missions in stength 10 regions that might not reward anything.
Yeah, I would recommend a restart.
knrp

Post by knrp »

Well, I'm doing pretty ok tactically so if I can get a facility lead to one of the at least 2 facilites I know of in contacted regions that could be enough to tide me over until forge/gate, as I can probably live on coil and warden and dedicate my scientists to the shadow chamber. But not if I'm not getting any leads, or even getting any closer to them through exhausting scan points.
Zarkis

Post by Zarkis »

I can confirm this bug. Despite finishing a intel package mission in the late game (March) no scan site showed up.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Just got one of those "Facility Lead" missions and i *DID* receive the prerequisite indirect "DataPad" to research.
Took about 2/3 days to obtain the results which in turn unlocked the Red-Facility on the Geoscape (only can show up into covered regions, btw) & its usual Bottom-Row Symbol for the pending events tracker.

It all tends to be tedious and we are basicly enslaved by RNG luck for any reveal opportunities.

RealityMachina's "FacilityHunt Job" mod might help with this stuff but i haven't reached far enough yet to determine how effective that process can or will be. Even when the HQ Haven is entirely assigned to such Hunt(s), it still takes time to trigger the proper Mission which i *DO* tag with a custom string rather than the currently generic mis-leading "Intel Package".

IMO.. there could be a scheduling loophole somewhere that makes it harder to find at least the first -- IIRC though.. the maximum number of simultaneously active facilities is FOUR only. The discovered location above had ONE red pip only. I suspect others may have more.
stevemoonpig

Post by stevemoonpig »

I'm playing a campaign with both DLCs, missions enabled. It started on version 1 I think, and is still going now on version 1.2. I had a couple of POI rewards for Intel Package missions early on, but I'm pretty sure after doing the Lost Towers mission I've never had another one appear. Done quite a few Intel Package missions since then, got a couple of facility leads, but mostly I don't get any reward other than intel. The Viper Nest mission has never appeared but I did get the weapons POI early on as usual.
TerribleName

Post by TerribleName »

Zyxpsilon wrote:]RealityMachina's[/i] "FacilityHunt Job" mod might help with this stuff but i haven't reached far enough yet to determine how effective that process can or will be. Even when the HQ Haven is entirely assigned to such Hunt(s), it still takes time to trigger the proper Mission which i *DO* tag with a custom string rather than the currently generic mis-leading "Intel Package".
Where is the description string for each mission stored?
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

That would be on Line #1861 of XComGame.INT file in the Localization folder.

[Reward_FacilityLead X2RewardTemplate]
DisplayName="Facility Lead" ;="Intel Package"

I keep the default values after my changes as commented ( with semi-colon ; ) reference.

There are 10 different types underneath the -- ;; REWARD TEMPLATES -- section that begins on Line #1835.

PS; This is another which i alter for obvious reasons...
[Reward_Dummy_POI X2RewardTemplate]
DisplayName="Liberation Chain" ;="Intel Package"
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

The bug is still there in 1.2 (or another similar one). I'm now rather late (november) and don't get any more PoI or Facility Lead when i finish an "Intel Package" mission. I've had several missions like this but at first i thought it was me confusing Liberation1 (as i have expanded to several new regions to unlock the Forge and Psi gate) but last time i double checked before the mission and it definitely had Intel Package but i didn't got anything apart from the basic Intel (i suppose i got this one).

If i see another one i'll try to keep a save.
Mavoc

Post by Mavoc »

stevemoonpig wrote:I'm playing a campaign with both DLCs, missions enabled. ... I had a couple of POI rewards for Intel Package missions early on, but I'm pretty sure after doing the Lost Towers mission I've never had another one appear. Done quite a few Intel Package missions since then, got a couple of facility leads, but mostly I don't get any reward other than intel. The Viper Nest mission has never appeared but I did get the weapons POI early on as usual.
I had the same experience with my 1.1 game. After lost Towers I stopped getting POIs from Intel Packages. I have decided to start a new campaign without the Lost Towers mission enabled.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

LordYanaek wrote:The bug is still there in 1.2 (or another similar one). I'm now rather late (november) and don't get any more PoI or Facility Lead when i finish an "Intel Package" mission. I've had several missions like this but at first i thought it was me confusing Liberation1 (as i have expanded to several new regions to unlock the Forge and Psi gate) but last time i double checked before the mission and it definitely had Intel Package but i didn't got anything apart from the basic Intel (i suppose i got this one).

If i see another one i'll try to keep a save.
I'm seeing this in my campaign as well. (started 1.0, played 1.1 and now 1.2)

I'm in end March following year, have 4 regions liberated with another 3 in progress. Doom clock is 2 pips to midnight, after setting it back with 1 or 2 facility missions + all golden path up to the final act. I'm leaving the final act for now, I want to see if I can liberate the whole world!! :-D Advent strength is declining and avatar progress is slowed by 112% so maybe that's why no progress for ages (at one point it was a pip/week which was very close to campaign ending) and I can now build end tier gear for everyone in 4 8troop squads + around 25 subs.

I was actually wondering if the facility leads are limited to prevent liberating the globe? More likely a bug though.

I've spent last 2-3 months doing every find a lead and intel package missions to try and get a facility lead but nothing.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Hazelnut wrote: I was actually wondering if the facility leads are limited to prevent liberating the globe? More likely a bug though.
I don't think so. If you liberate all regions ADVENT will invade from UFOs several regions at once.
Also, i got a facility lead last time i went on an Intel Package mission. I think it's really the PoI that go missing.
Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

LordYanaek wrote:
Hazelnut wrote: I was actually wondering if the facility leads are limited to prevent liberating the globe? More likely a bug though.
I don't think so. If you liberate all regions ADVENT will invade from UFOs several regions at once.
Also, i got a facility lead last time i went on an Intel Package mission. I think it's really the PoI that go missing.
Oh, okay - shame it's not a win condition. TBH I probably wont liberate the globe, when I start to get bored training up new troops and trying out new perk combos with em I'll initiate the final missions. FWIW I have a mid rank Psi trooper at this stage... bit late to be useful.

Must have been unlucky with facility leads then.