Alien alert areas inconsistent

This is to elevate certain bug reports so Long War 2 developers can interact with players.
Darkrenown

Alien alert areas inconsistent

Post by Darkrenown »

I have been having some trouble with getting spotting on this level and indulged in some save-scumming to see if I was making a mistake.

As an example, here it seems I can safely move to this spot:
http://imgur.com/aaXRP85
but when I do so I am spotted. I can clearly see the enemy patrol so I think the alert squares should be accurate.

After reloading to the same point as the first image the alert squares have changes to clearly cover the area I want to move to:
http://imgur.com/MORWp3R

I have a save, but it'll only show the later situation.
Amineri

Re: Alien alert areas inconsistent

Post by Amineri »

I've noted some inconsistencies from the base XCOM 2 about how detected (red) tiles get marked up when potentially blocked by single-tile LOS-blocking full cover. Basically we're just learned to not trust that it's possible to sneak up to such places when surrounded by tiles that would break concealment.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Yeah, I got bitten by this in an HQ several months ago. Haven't been able to figure out what exactly causes it, and it's often very difficult to tell if it wasn't just XCOM not seeing the enemy who could see that tile (since red detection squares correctly don't display if XCOM doesn't have LoS to the enemy who generates them). I have definitely see this happen once though in a case where I was 100% sure it was a bug. FWIW a reload is fair game in that case IMO. :|
trihero

Post by trihero »

Not entirely sure if related but I noticed that you break concealment if you drop down from a 3rd level building while you're close to the enemy (but out of eye range), but not so if no one is close. That was really news to me and a head scratcher, especially since you don't get the red eye telling you that it would happen. Luckily I was save scumming around to find out what was the issue and was able to drop down to the second level before dropping to the the first and it was fine.