Is there a way to remove the poison spit from najas and sidewinders?

Datadagger

Is there a way to remove the poison spit from najas and sidewinders?

Post by Datadagger »

I'd really prefer to keep the ability contained to one unit
Steelflame

Re: Is there a way to remove the poison spit from najas and sidewinders?

Post by Steelflame »

If you are willing to dig through the xcomAI.ini, you can disable the AI tree that tells them to use poison spit.

It takes a bit of editing so you'll spend at least a few minutes doing it, but you can disable it if you really dislike them using the poison.
Datadagger

Post by Datadagger »

It looks like the sidewinder shares the same tree with the viper so I don't think there's anyway to remove the sidewinder's ability without removing it for the viper too
Steelflame

Post by Steelflame »

Datadagger wrote:It looks like the sidewinder shares the same tree with the viper so I don't think there's anyway to remove the sidewinder's ability without removing it for the viper too
No, it had a seperate tree when I went in it. Its very far near the bottom, as the vanilla trees are at the top and modded trees are at the bottom.
Datadagger

Post by Datadagger »

What I mean is that it has a separate tree, but there's nothing in there to govern poison spit. I believe it uses

Code: Select all

ViperRedAlert
to govern it's poison spit which is shared with the viper

Code: Select all

; Same as Viper
+Behaviors=(BehaviorName="LWSidewinderRoot", NodeType=Selector, Child[0]=TryJob, Child[1]=GenericGreenMovement, Child[2]=ViperRedAlert, Child[3]=GenericAlertHandler)