Mod compiling, but loading default vanilla configuration when put in load order. Game state history issue?

Artigo

Mod compiling, but loading default vanilla configuration when put in load order. Game state history issue?

Post by Artigo »

Hello,

As the description says, I have a LW2 meta-mod that is building successfully and published to the steam workshop. The mod overrides two LW2 classes to modify the AWC. All dependencies are included in the class files and the below lines are used in XcomEngine.

Code: Select all

+ModClassOverrides=(BaseGameClass="XComGameState_Unit_AWC_LW", ModClass="XComGameState_Unit_AWC_LW_Revamp")
+ModClassOverrides=(BaseGameClass="LWAWCUtilities", ModClass="LWAWCUtilities_Revamp")

[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
+EditPackages=LW_Tuple
+EditPackages=LW_XCGS_ModOptions
+EditPackages=LW_XCGS_ToolboxOptions
+EditPackages=LW_PerkPack_Integrated
+EditPackages=LW_OfficerPack_Integrated
+EditPackages=LW_LaserPack_Integrated
+EditPackages=LW_AWCPack_Integrated
+EditPackages=LW_AlienPack_Integrated
+EditPackages=LW_SMGPack_Integrated
+EditPackages=LW_Toolbox_Integrated
+EditPackages=LW_Overhaul
However, when I load the mod through the standard xcom2 launcher with the workshop version checked, upon entering the game, the AWC has reverted to vanilla functionality. Deactivating the mod through the steam launcher reverts back to LW2.

Any idea what might be causing this? Does it have to do with the game state history?
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Mod compiling, but loading default vanilla configuration when put in load order. Game state history issue?

Post by tracktwo »

Can't think of any reason why the history would be involved here. Is your class extending the vanilla AWC class accidentally instead of the LW2 AWC class?
Artigo

Re: Mod compiling, but loading default vanilla configuration when put in load order. Game state history issue?

Post by Artigo »

tracktwo wrote:Can't think of any reason why the history would be involved here. Is your class extending the vanilla AWC class accidentally instead of the LW2 AWC class?

Code: Select all

class ZZZ_XComGameState_Unit_AWC_LW_Revamp extends XComGameState_Unit_AWC_LW dependson(LWAWCUtilities) config(LW_AWCPack);
The only other class I'm extending is X2DownloadableContentInfo, which IS a vanilla, but do I need to do something to handle that? I assumed that since it was included with the standard modpack that it would not interfere with the load order. I haven't seen any other examples of mods actually needing to use it.
Artigo

Post by Artigo »

So the issue has been resolved. My mod was loading before LW2 causing the issue. Once I forced the compiler to load the script packages for LW2 in an order before my mod I'm actually able to use it.