Question about RAGE suit and heavy weapon

sirburton

Question about RAGE suit and heavy weapon

Post by sirburton »

Hi guys
I've decided to force the spawn of the berserker queen (since it wasn't showing up on its own)
I killed it and developed the rage suit. I notice it wears a MK2 gauntlet and apparently I cannot change it.
Any way (even via modding some ini) to change the rage's MK2 with a Blaster Gauntlet (the t3 gauntlet) ?
No matter the stats, I just want it to have the appearance of the t3 gauntlet
Also I noticed when browsing the heavy weapons available, a greyed out icon of a flamer saying 'flamer tanks' but it says 'unavailable', so I checked my available researches and projects and found none about it. How to unlock and use it? Or is it greyed out just because the flamer is an exclusive of the technicians?
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
sirburton

Re: Question about RAGE suit and heavy weapon

Post by sirburton »

Idk how but this guy is wearing the blaster on the RAGE https://www.gameinformer.com/games/xcom ... 01827.aspx
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

bump
foreverdead

Post by foreverdead »

The armor in the picture is Rage Armor, which is the upgraded form of the Rage Suit. The tanks are just for the Technical's flamethrower as far as I'm aware. What Heavy weapon doe the Rage suit have by the way? Never unlocked it in LW yet.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

foreverdead wrote:The armor in the picture is Rage Armor, which is the upgraded form of the Rage Suit. The tanks are just for the Technical's flamethrower as far as I'm aware. What Heavy weapon doe the Rage suit have by the way? Never unlocked it in LW yet.

never heard of this, how do I get the rage suit to become rage armor?
The rage suit features the MK2 gauntlet and you can put shredder and shredstorm
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

The upgrade requires Powered armor (Warden Armor) research and can be done from the Engineering room where you buy more items. The same applies for the Serpent Armor upgrade. You get similar upgrades for the Alien Hunter weapons at Mag Weapons and Plasma Rifles research.

It's also worth mentioning that your link in a previous comment was to the vanilla version of the rage suit. Long War 2 has significant changes to every armor. Only Technicals get to use Rockets or Flamethrowers with their heavy armor (Exo Suit, War Suit, Rage Suit/Armor). Everyone else can only use Shredder and Plasma weapons.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Tuhalu wrote:The upgrade requires Powered armor (Warden Armor) research and can be done from the Engineering room where you buy more items. The same applies for the Serpent Armor upgrade. You get similar upgrades for the Alien Hunter weapons at Mag Weapons and Plasma Rifles research.

It's also worth mentioning that your link in a previous comment was to the vanilla version of the rage suit. Long War 2 has significant changes to every armor. Only Technicals get to use Rockets or Flamethrowers with their heavy armor (Exo Suit, War Suit, Rage Suit/Armor). Everyone else can only use Shredder and Plasma weapons.
ok I upgraded it but it still features the mk2 gauntlet instead of the t3 one
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Have you also researched the Blaster Launcher separately?
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Tuhalu wrote:Have you also researched the Blaster Launcher separately?
yes I already have the blaster and I'm currently using it with other soildiers