How to edit Spark Skill Tree?

sirburton

How to edit Spark Skill Tree?

Post by sirburton »

Let's say for example I want to move/swap a skill, from the second line-third column to the third line-third column, what file and how should I edit it ?
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
Tuhalu

Re: How to edit Spark Skill Tree?

Post by Tuhalu »

XComClassData.ini

It's a simple data structure, so just swap the names of the perks you want to reposition.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Tuhalu wrote:XComClassData.ini

It's a simple data structure, so just swap the names of the perks you want to reposition.
well the file looks pretty messy to me, not easy to edit since I don't understand which are the starting and the ending points of each string concerning each skill
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Code: Select all

; LPCL
+SoldierRanks=(  aAbilityTree=( (AbilityName="AdaptiveAim",				ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_SecondaryWeapon), \\
								(AbilityName="BodyShield"				), \\
								(AbilityName="CombatAwareness"			) \\
							),	\\
All you need to do is move the entire section that starts with (AbiliityName=" and ends with a ). That's one entry in the skill table. For instance (AbilityName="AdaptiveAim", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_SecondaryWeapon) should be moved as one skill item. The order the entries are in at each rank is from left to right, making AdaptiveAim appear in the left column. The list is comma separated, so make sure you keep the commas between entries as they are.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Tuhalu wrote:

Code: Select all

; LPCL
+SoldierRanks=(  aAbilityTree=( (AbilityName="AdaptiveAim",				ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_SecondaryWeapon), \\
								(AbilityName="BodyShield"				), \\
								(AbilityName="CombatAwareness"			) \\
							),	\\
All you need to do is move the entire section that starts with (AbiliityName=" and ends with a ). That's one entry in the skill table. For instance (AbilityName="AdaptiveAim", ApplyToWeaponSlot=eInvSlot_SecondaryWeapon) should be moved as one skill item. The order the entries are in at each rank is from left to right, making AdaptiveAim appear in the left column. The list is comma separated, so make sure you keep the commas between entries as they are.
ok thx I'll see if it works
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

What about those pieces of code saying
aStatProgression=((StatType=eStat_Offense,StatAmount=2), (StatType=eStat_HP,StatAmount=0), (StatType=eStat_Strength,StatAmount=0), (StatType=eStat_Hacking,StatAmount=5), (StatType=eStat_CombatSims,StatAmount=0))

Is this part of the string I should move or should I leave it as it is ?

Ok I've made some changes, but once I loaded the game the skill tree was just like it was before my changes.... weird
Maybe this won't affect already existing campaigns ?
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Those are just the stat increases you get at rank up, so you can ignore them.

Changing that config file works for me. Make sure you exit XCOM2 and then start it up again. It looks like config files are only read when loading the game, not when loading a save file.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Tuhalu wrote:Those are just the stat increases you get at rank up, so you can ignore them.

Changing that config file works for me. Make sure you exit XCOM2 and then start it up again. It looks like config files are only read when loading the game, not when loading a save file.
ok now it's working, dunno why it didnt at the first attempt
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Probably a silly question, but
does this skill tree editing in the middle of an existing campaing have any chance of bugging or messing with my soldiers' stats and else ?
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Changing the skill order should have no effect. LW2 has already done the same thing in 2 patches with rejiggering their skill trees.