New Perk Help

lynx54321

New Perk Help

Post by lynx54321 »

Hello I want to make a new perk which removes the mobility penalty for certain utility items. For instance if I wanted to make smoke grenades not -1 mobility do I need to make an ability that gives +1 mobility for each smoke grenade to cancel it out? I don't really know where to start so any pointers would be much appreciated.
Zyxpsilon

Re: New Perk Help

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Normally, such Minus-Mobility values are already declared and used by XComLW_Overhaul.INI file.

Every "Items" parameters are listed from lines #442 downwards like this for example...

+ItemTable=(ItemTemplateName="SmokeGrenade", Slots=0,Starting=true, Infinite=true, Buildable=false, Weight=1)

What you're looking for is the Weight data(s). 1 reduces mobility (by one) when equipped. Replacing these with Zero would nullify that reduction. Not sure if Negatives would "add" mobility though, never tried.

Unless someone else could indicate a real UC script coding for that stuff.. i suspect the above *IS* what controls that feature.
lynx54321

Re: New Perk Help

Post by lynx54321 »

Hmm ok that is a starting point, thank you.

I'm assuming there is a way to manipulate these values through perks as I believe flashbacks added by the perk flashbanger as an example don't impact mobility.