If I messed up ini files really bad, is there anyway to retrieve 'vanilla' versions without full reinstall?

Toosdey

If I messed up ini files really bad, is there anyway to retrieve 'vanilla' versions without full reinstall?

Post by Toosdey »

Was messing around with some ini files and messed up a whole bunch of the game. I only need to replace about 4 of em, and if possible would like it without having to reinstall LW2 and lose everything else I've altered. Is there anyway to get only specific files back?
mescallw

Re: If I messed up ini files really bad, is there anyway to retrieve 'vanilla' versions without full reinstall?

Post by mescallw »

I have a couple ideas but I haven't tried either of them. I made a backup of my originals which I use in circumstances like this.

You could try to have steam (I'm assuming you're using steam) validate the integrity of your game files. In the steam app, select XCOM 2. Right click it. Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files. If this doesn't work, you could try uninstalling the LW2 mod (instead of the whole game) and then reinstalling it.

I think I also saw some websites that are hosting the original ini files in case something like this happened. But I'm not sure if these were for LW2 or vanilla, and even then I'm not sure of the legality of hosting these files.