Increasing rank for auto-assigned nicknames?

Thrair
Long War 2 Crew

Increasing rank for auto-assigned nicknames?

Post by Thrair »

I like nicknaming my soldiers manually, generally. Although I do like the occasional one from the random list. I tend to name the soldiers based on their names, their AWC perk sets, or other unique features. And for special accomplishments in-game.

That tends to work better for me when I have a while to use 'em and get a feel for the unit in question, ESPECIALLY with regards to AWC perks.

There an ini edit that will allow me to set the rank to assign nicknames a bit higher? To Sgt or SSgt?
Solitas

Re: Increasing rank for auto-assigned nicknames?

Post by Solitas »

You want to look for the "VeteranSoldierRank=" in the "XcomGameData" file located in your Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config folder. Alternatively look for the same entry in "DefaultGameData" in your xcom2 install directory. The latter should retain the change even when you regenerate your ini. Simply add the number you wish for the req rank with 0= rookie, 1=squaddie, etc

Should work, I've been using it myself with SSgt as the req rank. I too like to get a bit attached to my troops and let them develop a personality first.