Making the pistol a secondary weapon again

Qabal

Making the pistol a secondary weapon again

Post by Qabal »

What did the LW2 mod do to make the pistol a utility item, and how do I change it? Ideally, I'd like to make it as an option for a secondary weapon as well as a utility item. I understand I'd have to add +AllowedWeapons=(SlotType=eInvSlot_SecondaryWeapon, WeaponType="pistol[possibly LWPistol]") to the XComClassData.ini on whichever soldiers I'd like it available for (Gunners come to mind). I just need to know how to make it an available option on the list. Is it as simple as another INI edit?
Milskin76

Re: Making the pistol a secondary weapon again

Post by Milskin76 »

Hi,

Did you find out how to do this? I'd like to do the same to make use of some of those pistol AWC perks.

Cheers!
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

There's another option too: making a pistol inventory slot. Like the grenade slot for grenadiers. I saw a class mod in the workshop where the author had made a custom slot for ammo items.

Here we go:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=
Milskin76

Post by Milskin76 »

Thanks, it's a good idea, but would add a mobility penalty. I want to be able to replace secondary weapons (and possibly primary weapons!) with the pistol. I'll keep digging, cheers.
jacklldsy

Post by jacklldsy »

I know it might be quite late already, but if you want to play long war and make secondary pistols available again, you have to modifie some code lines in XcomLWOverhaul.
With notepad++, go to line 707

you will see that the original secondary weapons are still in the game, tho they are disactivated. In order to activate them, you will have to replace them with this lines:

+ItemTable=(ItemTemplateName="Pistol_CV", Slots=0, Starting=true, Infinite=true, Buildable=false)

+ItemTable=(ItemTemplateName="Pistol_MG", Slots=0, Starting=false, Infinite=false, Buildable=true, RequiredTech1="MagnetizedWeapons", RequiredTech2="", SupplyCost=10, AlloyCost=1, CrystalCost=1, CoreCost=0, SpecialItemTemplateName="", SpecialItemCost=0, TradingPostValue=15, RequiredEngineeringScore=20, Tier = 155, Weight=0, PointsToComplete=100)

+ItemTable=(ItemTemplateName="Pistol_BM", Slots=0, Starting=false, Infinite=false, Buildable=true, RequiredTech1="PlasmaRifle", RequiredTech2="", SupplyCost=40, AlloyCost=3, CrystalCost=5, CoreCost=1, SpecialItemTemplateName="", SpecialItemCost=0, TradingPostValue=25, RequiredEngineeringScore=40, Tier = 175, Weight=0, PointsToComplete=150)

I took those lines from the LWPistols, so supply costs should be fine.
This will allow you to build them again, although there's no laser tear and coil tear, because they are from vanilla.
If you want to remove pistols of the utility slot, just find the LWPistols and place "false" instead of "true" where it says "buildable".

Hope it's still helpful for someone!
(steamapps>workshop>content>268500>844674609>Config>XcomLWOverhaul.ini)