Is it possible to request custom modifications of LW2 ?

sirburton

Is it possible to request custom modifications of LW2 ?

Post by sirburton »

Hi guys,
as I wrote in a previous thread, LW2 is very funny but I don't like some things.
I just found out that the psionic training is completely changed in LW2. It becomes barely impossible to use a psionic soldier since you have to train him on the field and than leave him for several days in the psio-chamber. And Psionic Spear training time is no longer 9 days but 33....WAAAAAT ?
So before I start writing a list of things I'd liketo be different in LW2, is it possible to request custom modifications?
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
JackDT

Re: Is it possible to request custom modifications of LW2 ?

Post by JackDT »

I think those types of tweaks are pretty easy to make yourself with the .INI files. At least you should be able to find something close enough, like Psi Training Time.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

JackDT wrote:I think those types of tweaks are pretty easy to make yourself with the .INI files. At least you should be able to find something close enough, like Psi Training Time.
Ye I managed to find the way on my own. I can edit training time too ? That's a bit harder to find in the ini.
What should i look for ?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Moving to modding thread
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

sirburton wrote:Hi guys,
as I wrote in a previous thread, LW2 is very funny but I don't like some things.
I just found out that the psionic training is completely changed in LW2. It becomes barely impossible to use a psionic soldier since you have to train him on the field and than leave him for several days in the psio-chamber. And Psionic Spear training time is no longer 9 days but 33....WAAAAAT ?
So before I start writing a list of things I'd liketo be different in LW2, is it possible to request custom modifications?
The problem you're running into psi times is that being under-rank increases training time. It's a balancing factor for these super-high-end-powers that makes them much harder for low-rank psions to learn on day 1.

Void Lance is 7th rank, and 10 (or 12 on Veteran or higher) days is added to the training time per rank you're short by. The difference is added to the base training time, so if your psion is level 1 and there's a scientist on duty... (6*12=72)/2=36 extra days.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Arcalane wrote:
sirburton wrote:Hi guys,
The problem you're running into psi times is that being under-rank increases training time. It's a balancing factor for these super-high-end-powers that makes them much harder for low-rank psions to learn on day 1.

Void Lance is 7th rank, and 10 (or 12 on Veteran or higher) days is added to the training time per rank you're short by. The difference is added to the base training time, so if your psion is level 1 and there's a scientist on duty... (6*12=72)/2=36 extra days.
Ok now i get it thx. However using psi soldiers has become very unpratical in LW2
Arcalane

Post by Arcalane »

I feel it's slightly better than the original implementation. Typically you'd shove your psions into the tank for however long it took for them to get a few decent powers, possibly even longer, leading to them being out of missions for an extremely long time (and also completely circumventing the standard rank-up mechanics).

LW2's system has some flaws and growing pains, certainly, but it shakes up the meta for psion training and that isn't always a bad thing.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

Arcalane wrote:I feel it's slightly better than the original implementation. Typically you'd shove your psions into the tank for however long it took for them to get a few decent powers, possibly even longer, leading to them being out of missions for an extremely long time (and also completely circumventing the standard rank-up mechanics).

LW2's system has some flaws and growing pains, certainly, but it shakes up the meta for psion training and that isn't always a bad thing.
Can you tell what should I search inside the ini files in order to enlarge a bit the fire grenade area? And what just to add 1 point of dmg to gas ones?