Modding in new enemy types?

shadow2879

Modding in new enemy types?

Post by shadow2879 »

First off, CONGRATS on getting LW2 up and into the hands of so many that wanted it!!

I have a few mods I have created and worked with others to create. One such mod is called (Bio Troops). This mod and a few others add in more enemy types to the game. Will new enemy mods such as mine and others work with how LW2 is set up?

Also... I have another mod called (Expanded Enemy Reinforcements) that allows people to add any enemy type, Advent or Alien to the advent global list (of which those can all be used as reinforcements throughout the game) allowing more Alien and mixed reinforcement pods to come in. Rather than it just always being Advent. how are you guys handling reinforcement pods in LW2? And how might one such as myself get my mod to work with LW2 so more variety of Alien/Advent reinforcement pods using my enemies and others along with the LW2 enemies?
Amineri

Re: Modding in new enemy types?

Post by Amineri »

New enemy types should work.

We made a few tweaks to how the enemy config is set up, in particular the weights for when they appear use a bit different scale and are defined at each forcelevel. However, not much has changed here -- our AlienPack new enemies didn't require much tweaking. They are integrated into the mod, but you might have a look at how they are set up.