fixed uniforms

Nibelung44

fixed uniforms

Post by Nibelung44 »

Does anyone knows how to unlock a soldier uniform when it is fixed? Some soldiers, when bought on the market, can't have anything changed and so they always seem to wear a particular armor or no armor. This is bothering me to no end!

Thanks much for any advice on that :)
LordYanaek

Re: fixed uniforms

Post by LordYanaek »

Wut????
Apart from Jane Kelly if you imported her from the replays character pool rather than save her from a campaign where you got her after the turtorial, i've never noticed soldiers with specific armors. Those wouldn't come from a mod like the Overwatch cast or something similar? I think Bradford also has fixed armor if you import him to use as a soldier (he's not supposed to be an active trooper really).
I never found a way to change the armor for the Jane from the Character Pool so i launched a campaign with the tutorial to get her back as i forgot to save her at the end of my first campaign where she saved a mission almost on her own.
But regular random soldiers never had such an issue so my guess is either those are special soldiers or you have some mod that causes the issue.
You wouldn't have the Uniforms manager mod by chance?
Nibelung44

Post by Nibelung44 »

No I don't have the Uniforms Manager. I had it in a previous play through and as I had also the issue, I removed it thinking it was the culprit.

I don't have, to my knowledge, any mod adding soldiers. The guy has as his surname 'Chop', do you find it in the template soldiers? Does he have shoulder pads?

But anyway I'm done it seems, I was playing in Ironman and my saved game becomes 'corrupt'. This is just a let down really. :cry:
seananigans

Post by seananigans »

Semi-related I guess:

Does anyone know a way to have all soldiers default to a particular prop style for each type of armor? For instance, I prefer (Arms/Legs/Torso) 0/0/0 for Kevlar, 2/2/0 for Predator, 2/2/2 for Warden, etc.

Having to swap each and every soldier every time they first put on one of these armors is obnoxious.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

I've already asked RealityMachina to adapt his wonderful MOD (( Safer Cosmetic Transitions == http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =767471263 )) in the past but the only trick he managed to include was a "semi-permanent" 0/0/0 for Kevlars, AFAIK.

If you want to contact him again to request that he'd please provide us all with new config-settings that would truly control each tiers "defaults".. be my guest. I sure would use that feature as well.