So im not getting retaliation missions anymore

jaderlemes

So im not getting retaliation missions anymore

Post by jaderlemes »

So this is my 2nd campaign where the game suddenly stop creating any form of retaliation missions (intel raid, supply convoy, recruit raid and terror missions as well).

But supply raids still happen often, there have been around +10 supply raids but they never attack me. I have two regions with 10-12 strength and vigilance 8-10 and still it has been 3 months ingame and no attack happened.

I think its possibly because of some mod, but i cant put my finger in any mod.

currently im trying to troubleshooting by creating a new campaign with some edits in XComLW_Outpost.ini:

editing JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE to 1000 or something, i dont know, im clueless at this point on how to trigger a natural retaliation

Help

ps: playing on legend
jaderlemes

Re: So im not getting retaliation missions anymore

Post by jaderlemes »

so i did this

Code: Select all

; This is the chance ADVENT detects a rebel doing a non-hiding job each day (by difficulty level). If successful, the buckets for retaliations get a little more full.
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE[0]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE[1]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE[2]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE[3]=100

; These are regional modifiers to the detection chance for each roll
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FACELESS[0]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FACELESS[1]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FACELESS[2]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FACELESS[3]=100

JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_VIGILANCE[0]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_VIGILANCE[1]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_VIGILANCE[2]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_VIGILANCE[3]=100

JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_ALERT[0]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_ALERT[1]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_ALERT[2]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_ALERT[3]=100

JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FORCE[0]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FORCE[1]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FORCE[2]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FORCE[3]=100
I end up getting an invasion and a retaliation after a while but it took a long time to happen, it actually felt like a natural ingame event though, but like if i was playing on easy (im playing on legend)... ok how the fudge does this whole thing work?? why cant i just increase or do any changes to the rate of retaliation?
jaderlemes

Post by jaderlemes »

so thanks to this post about retaliation:
http://pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/vi ... hp?t=26049

I could now understand how it works, so now what i did to fix the lack of retaliations for long period of time, was setting the cooldown of all retaliation to zero, so that means that the retaliations will happen at anytime the retaliation bucket is filled without the need to wait first for the cooldowns.

COIN_MIN_COOLDOWN_HOURS=0                        ; 1ce per month per region
COIN_MAX_COOLDOWN_HOURS=0              
INTEL_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MIN=0
INTEL_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MAX=0
SUPPLY_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MIN=0
SUPPLY_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MAX=0
RECRUIT_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MIN=0
RECRUIT_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MAX=0
dont know if im missing something, if i do, please reply to this, or say something i dont know, i think you guys can close this thread
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Check your mods.
Reinstall LW2
Clear ini.
Start new game without mods than report bugs.

If you play with "easier time" LW2 mods you will get less retaliations. If you installed any LW2 mod before LW2 this can happen - LW2 files are not overwritten and therefore they stop to exist.
Raids needs to fill the bucket. Game checks if your generation is bigger than threshold. If it is - you will get mini or full retail or Data Leak mission.
If you have logs enabled you can search for those lines. If they are checking everything should be ok.

On legendary they are frequent. And no you can't save broken game so fresh start.

Coin is for dark events and raids needs cooldowns . Supply raid is mission with infiltration timer. Supply retail is what you missing - they are not same mission despite ini. description.
The Preacher
jaderlemes

Post by jaderlemes »

thanks for the reply, but im too tired to create a new campaign and my workaround did fix the lack of mini-retaliations for long periods of time.
I know that it will probably screw me in some way soon, but for now it is working as intended
but anyway thanks, luv u
jaderlemes

Post by jaderlemes »

so one more question:
if COIN_BUCKET is for dark events, then where is the bucket for full retaliations?
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

This conditions just prevent event spawning to often.
Check your mod lists. Remove or load after Long War mods that are changing strategic layer.
This is not debug thread. Why you even playing with broken mods ? If you loaded Vanilla mod before Long War you are playing Vanilla game anyway. Messed up Vanilla game.

In your logs. Find lines similar to my paste lines
-log (shortcut or exe must have this attribute). Then you can read if conditions is passed.

[0839.96] LWTrace: UpdateJobBuckets
[0839.96] LWTrace: GetJobBucketForJob: Testing Recruit 1
[0839.96] LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Recruit Condition passed if 335 >= 250
[0839.96] LWTrace: X2LWActivityCondition_AvatarRevealed False
[0839.96] LWTrace: Attempting to create ProtectResearch 0
[0839.96] LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Full Condition passed if 394 >= 500

Logs are created in C:\Users\Your PC\Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Logs
If you can't find this lines , you don't have retaliations because something prevented them from triggering or they don't fill the bucket or they do not even exist .
Changing your ini. files will not create missing event but removing bad mod will.
The Preacher
jaderlemes

Post by jaderlemes »

Sorry to annoy you ;__;, im gonna respond everything to clarify.
This conditions just prevent event spawning to often.
For some reason it works with that, i have more control of how often retaliations happens now, before this it seemed that my game will make retaliations cooldowns became take longer times with the more regions i unlocked
Check your mod lists. Remove or load after Long War mods that are changing strategic layer.
I have LW2 loading as the first mod in the load order, i dont know what other mod could be interfering with that
This is not debug thread. Why you even playing with broken mods ? If you loaded Vanilla mod before Long War you are playing Vanilla game anyway. Messed up Vanilla game.
sorry, can someone move this thread to a more fitting place?
In your logs. Find lines similar to my paste lines
-log (shortcut or exe must have this attribute). Then you can read if conditions is passed.
i found all those lines in my log
but i got a question:

[0839.96] LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Full Condition passed if 394 >= 500
does this stand for full retaliations? cause i got that in my log, but even though i changed 500 to 0 it still didnt trigger instantly, only after some time.

i just really want to know that, where i can find the full retaliation bucket, then you guys can close this thread.
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Changing lines in log will do nothing. It is log . Leftover . After action report

If this number hits 500 than it is full retaliation

LWTrace: Attempting to create ProtectResearch 0 - if this number hits 1 than you will have mission to prevent raid (rebels must be on intel to detect it)
LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Recruit Condition passed if 335 >= 250 this will trigger recruit retaliation. 1 day mission on map

You will also have lines with Intel and Supply if they have 555>=200 (this are random numbers) you will have retails on map. For sure
The Preacher
jaderlemes

Post by jaderlemes »

shit i meant to say that i changed coin_bucket to 0 lol sorry

yeah so i changed to 0 and even though it says that it activated in the logs:

[1456.28] LWTrace: X2LWActivityCondition_AvatarRevealed True
[1456.28] LWTrace: Attempting to create ProtectResearch 0
[1456.28] LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Full Condition passed if 206 >= 0
[1456.29] LWTrace: Passed X2LWActivityCondition_MinRebels CounterinsurgencyActivity
[1456.29] LWTrace: Trying to make CounterinsurgencyActivity. Attempting MinWorkingRebelsCheck 9 >= 3
[1456.29] LWTrace: Passed X2LWActivityCondition_MinRebels CounterinsurgencyActivity
[1456.29] LWTrace: Trying to make CounterinsurgencyActivity. Attempting MinWorkingRebelsCheck 12 >= 3
[1456.29] LWTrace: Trying to make CounterinsurgencyActivity. Attempting MinWorkingRebelsCheck 10 >= 3
its still takes time to show up, im just confused, is there a cooldown somewhere? some requirement?
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

You edited lots of stuff
[1456.28] LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Full Condition passed if 206 >= 0
Last number should be 500

Can you even try to start new game ? Just long War alone to see if it works ?
Fresh install in your case. There is no fix .
And Log usually looks like this

[0377.52] LWTrace: UpdateJobBuckets
[0377.52] LWTrace: X2LWActivityCondition_AvatarRevealed False
[0377.52] LWTrace: Attempting to create ProtectResearch 0
[0377.52] LWTrace: GetJobBucketForJob: Testing Resupply 0
[0377.52] LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Resupply Condition passed if 58 >= 275 (here game checks condition)
[0377.52] LWTrace: FindBestReinforceOrigRegion: Search for source started for reinforcing Eastern U.S.
Deleted 50 lines of reinforce region check- it should be more lines here
[0377.59] LWTrace: GetJobBucketForJob: Testing Recruit 1
[0377.59] LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Recruit Condition passed if 349 >= 250 (here game checks condition)
[0377.59] LWTrace: GetJobBucketForJob: Testing Intel 2
[0377.59] LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Intel Condition passed if 23 >= 325 (here game checks condition)
[0377.59] LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Full Condition passed if 423 >= 500 (here game checks condition)

If you have both lines
[0212.87] LWTrace: Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Recruit Condition passed if 337 >= 250 (here game checks condition)
[0219.78] LWTrace: DISCOVERY: West Africa : DetectionChance for ProtectRegion : 0.3750 ( condition is met and this is mission in detection)
This is protect region - retail mission - it just spawns on map .
Counterinsurgency Activity is mission to stop retail missions. Your log is full of them.

START New Game
The Preacher
jaderlemes

Post by jaderlemes »

You edited lots of stuff
Last number should be 500
Im trying to poke at the mod and see how it reacts, forcing a full retaliation, just so later i can edit the rate of retaliations to my own liking
START New Game
ok ok :cry: im going to test the retaliation system in a new campaign with LW2 only, but first give me some time and then i will come back with some results
I'll be back
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

You can see result after 1 day of scanning. Game will check conditions.

Forcing full retaliation will empty the bucket , than bucket must be filled again. Do not edit cooldowns or chance per rebel at least you can lower the numbers for rebels and increase cooldown time. Do not put 0 as factor because multiply of 0 is always 0. 500x0=0 . This is done to disable some features not to tweak them. If you wan't disabled full retaliation rise the number for threshold. At least other retaliation should work.

Tip - you can set rebels 2x intel, 2x Supply, 2x recruit rest on hiding . No retails if rebels are not faceless. If you have faceless then just one rebel per job
The Preacher
jaderlemes

Post by jaderlemes »

i tried creating a new campaign, doing killallais to progress and using lwsetalertlevel to at least 5, so that retaliations happen, and full and mini retaliations are happening.. BUT i still dont know how to control the rate of full retaliations

i give up, i don't know how to control full retaliations to happen more/less frequent.
at this point i only know how to do that with the mini retaliations(INTEL_RAID_BUCKET, SUPPLY_RAID_BUCKET, RECRUIT_RAID_BUCKET)
i thought COIN_BUCKET stood out for full retaliations but the more in look in to it, the more i get confused and makes me wonder why full retaliations don't have a bucket as well as mini retaliations in the ini's

i give up, close this thread
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Set rebels 2x intel, 2x Supply, 2x recruit rest on hiding after you have Intel, Supply or Recruit raid.
Or some time after it. It takes time for full retaliation. They are not frequent in early or mid game.

If you are heavy on intel. job you should be able to detect - Prevent Data leak missions. They have small timer and they are hard to detect with small haven. They will reset clock.
Supply, Inel or Recruit raids can be difficult in high strength regions. Put rebels on hiding to cool off region.

If you have low strength regions trigger retail there. Just leave haven on one job this is fastest way to fill the bucket

Cooling down region - no mission and everything is on hiding. Keep full and best squad in reserve for other regions. If you lose rebels - it is not important. That region is old and usually will spawn just S&G. New hunting ground will not trigger retail soon.

Testing for Retalbucket (post adjustment): Full Condition passed if 423 >= 500 .This happen to me usually after two retaliations. Switching rebels to Hiding will prevent that. But this is Strength 3 region and I will let it go to full retail. I have to kill just 10-12 Advent and will lose few rebels. Shinobi, Assault, Snapshoot Sniper, Technical or two, Grenadier or two -everything mobile will be on that mission.
Two Shinobis can activate rebels while rest of team is on shooting duty. Close range and bombs/rockets
The Preacher
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

; This is the chance ADVENT detects a rebel doing a non-hiding job each day (by difficulty level). If successful, the buckets for retaliations get a little more full.
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE[0]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE[1]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE[2]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE[3]=100

; These are regional modifiers to the detection chance for each roll
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FACELESS[0]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FACELESS[1]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FACELESS[2]=100
JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE_BONUS_PER_FACELESS[3]=100

This numbers should be lower for less retaliations. You will have less - all retaliations. JOB_DETECTION_CHANCE[0]=Is guilty for filling the bucket. They fill all buckets except hiding. How much you use rebel is filling the job bucket and full retaliation bucket.

Hiding do not fill the bucket. 2 x rebels on job will have check and they do not fill the bucket. 3 or more rebels are needed on job to trigger retaliation

INTEL_RAID_BUCKET=325
SUPPLY_RAID_BUCKET=275
RECRUIT_RAID_BUCKET=250

COIN_BUCKET=500 - set this to your liking. High number not 0. 0 will always produce 0

[pasted from same page]
1/ You can reduce the number of Rebels working on a Job to reduce the speed at which that bucket fills and/or reduce the overall number of working rebels to reduce the speed at which the full retaliation bucket fills.
2/ You can contact more regions and liberate more regions so that it takes longer to fill the buckets. Each additional region contacted makes the pool take about 17.6% longer to fill than before. A liberated region makes it take 38.4% longer to fill.

Best way to that is expand fast. You will have 3 contacts and you should contact . If you do not have enough soldiers put small havens on recruit. It takes months for full retaliations if you expand fast.
The Preacher
jaderlemes

Post by jaderlemes »

the reason why full retaliations wasn't spawning when i wanted was because of two reasons:
*regions didnt have Alert/Strength and vigilance required
*full retaliations checks take longer to appear, so different from mini-retaliations, the check isn't at every second

so now i got all things sort out, thanks.
i edit all cooldowns to default and the only change i made was at CONTACTED_REGIONS_BASE_BUCKET_MOD in which i set to 1.0 so that means: more regions discovered does not mean less retaliations, only liberated regions decrease the chances of retaliation.

thanks SonnyWiFiHr for the dedication, love u
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Every day at 7.00 AM game checks for all retaliations.
I think you will make your game even harder.
Rebels have 60% chance to be detected if they are detected they fill the bucket. All bucket can be filled at same time depending on activity. Full retaliation is always filled.
Trouble start with few full havens in high strength regions. This usually will kill your rebels faster than you can recruit them.
Less retaliations is better.
CONTACTED_REGIONS_BASE_BUCKET_MOD=0.85 ; this lowers the accumulated rebel job-days to throttle back retaliation rate as resistance spreads. Formula is ActualDays * (this number ^ (contacted regions - 1))
LIBERATED_REGIONS_BASE_BUCKET_MOD=0.85 ; this further lowers the accumulated rebel job-days to throttle back retaliation rate. a Formula is ActualDays * (this number ^ liberated regions)

You will increase rate of retaliations because rebel job-days will fill bucket faster. One good intel raid is best way to destroy haven. Light to Heavy Full retaliation in mid or late game will kill Soldiers and rebels. Change numbers to default if you get retaliations every week. This is global formula and you can play with this settings only for few months.
Rebel job-days will be massive number in June and you need reduction to have one retaliation every 3 weeks. When you contact every region you will fill bucket almost on daily base. You need 15x15% (225% without liberation) reduction just to have normal spawning rate. We are talking about 208 rebels. They can fill 125 Rebel job-days and you already know thresholds of triggering raids.

Retaliations will always spawn you can't do the mission and not have another. It is never ending process and they do not care about region where they will spawn - it is global bucket and they can spawn everywhere . You can't stop mission by doing it - it will re-spawn making even more trouble. Only way to get rid of them is to put 2x rebels on intel, supply, recruit (if not faceless). Than they can't trigger. Putting just 3x rebels on same job will trigger mission in any region (full retail ) or in region where conditions are met (mini retail - more than two rebels on same job).
You can't stop full retaliation you can only avoid it. Doing it early changes nothing it will re-spawn and can target same region again (and usually will if you did not expand). Nothing is gained. Early full retaliation will hurt or destroy your haven and your detection in this region . Small haven on Legendary can't detect Liberation chain and you will hurt your progress.

People start crying when they get any retaliation in 8+ strength region and you are increasing frequency of them
The Preacher