Long War 2 1.5 crash after Gatecrasher

Kyrsoh

Long War 2 1.5 crash after Gatecrasher

Post by Kyrsoh »

Hi to all,

My friend has a serious crash problem with his XCOM 2 LW2 game.

The game always crashes after the succesful Gatecrasher mission (no loading scene with the Skyranger team).

This is a heavily modded game with 75 mods but they are working fine on two other computers without any confrontation or problems.

I would add the save file here as an attachment but I can't because it is 'invalid file extension' according to the forum engine.

Where can we find the correct save? We tried to upload the file from Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\SaveData, is this correct?

Please help us if you can, he is an addicted XCOM fanatic but new to LW and he wants to play badly.
nmkaplan

Re: Long War 2 1.5 crash after Gatecrasher

Post by nmkaplan »

You can never upload saves straight to the forum (most people get an error claiming the file is too large), and it's not checking for "valid" Xcom save file extensions.

The best way to submit a save is to upload it to Google Drive, Dropbox, or other file-sharing site and then post a link here
Kyrsoh

Post by Kyrsoh »

Thanks for the tip nmkaplan!

I will try to upload the save with this method for sure.

We followed all the troubleshooting steps (including clean install, verify the files, delete the config directory and restart the game, etc.) and the crash is still here - right after the first mission. I play with the same mod setup with absolute zero problems but my friend can't play the game.
Last edited by Kyrsoh on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyrsoh

Post by Kyrsoh »

Hi to all,

We still have this problem but it is more complicated than we originally thought.

We did a clean install yesterday, verified the game files, started the vanilla version, deleted the config files, subscribed to all of the mods in correct order. The game was working perfectly, there were no crashes at all.

My friend started a new game today and it is crashed just after the Gatecrasher mission as it is crashed in the past.
We do not understand this.

Are there any professional troubleshooters among us? We have absolutely no idea about this.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Troubleshooting is typically removing things until it works. So the first step is to remove all other mods except LW2, then add them back one-by-one until you get the crashes.

If you are still getting LW2 crashes with no other mods, then it's likely in some difference between your setup and his.
Kyrsoh

Post by Kyrsoh »

Thanks for the answer Johnnylump!

We have to take these troubleshooting steps but it can be a very long schedule due to our extensive modlist. Our main problem is that the game was worked with all these mods on my friends PC for one time after a clean install. Later he wanted to start a new campaign but it is crashed again after the first mission - with no changes at all.

This is an interesting error because maybe it is not a mod conflict (same mod setup works extremely well on two othe PC-s with absolute no crashes or freezes) and it worked for him as well - once.
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Turn on STEAM offline mode.
I m re-downloading whole game for no reason. Steam decided to put it (game) in to steam apps . I have dedicated SSD for games and Steam is not on that SSD. So I have to download again. Bugger
The Preacher