Snapshot range penalties on Long Watch

Arantir

Snapshot range penalties on Long Watch

Post by Arantir »

Long War 2 v1.5hf

It seems that if you take Snapshot it will override your range tables on overwatch. Basically it's irrelevant unless you take Long Watch. I'm not sure it's intended because snapshot no longer applies penalties on regular shots & other 2 action abilities like in v1.2.

I've been testing different soldier builds and decided to try Long Watch on my snapshot-crit sharpshooter who also got CUP in the AWC. Since there's no more 1-action snapshot overwatch and I usually don't give stocks to my snapshooters it sounded good in theory to have that overwatch shot if there's no vision or good enough targets and you don't want to switch position.
Apparently when I use Long Watch he keeps shooting with 0% to hit on far away targets.

I suspected it was a bugged interaction with snapshot and tried to disable snapshot aim modifier in XComLW_SoldierSkills.ini to be sure.
Tested it on a single save, where I take a Long Watch shot at roughly ~30 tiles. Miss with 0% to hit showed by Perfect Information turned out to be a 60% hit with zero snapshot modifier, so I guess it should be the cause.

Anyway, is there any temporary solution other than removing snapshot penalty entirely or should I just sigh and respec for Low Profile?