Viper's bind makes environment explode

Phaseless

Viper's bind makes environment explode

Post by Phaseless »

I just had it happens twice on a mission, that a viper binding an operative next to an explosive (in my case, both times the cabing of a truck (like the ones where you need to retrieve times from) makes the explose go boom.

If that's intentional, I find it both unintuitive and frustrating when this happens. Both viper and operative take the full damage from the explosion of course, usually leaving my operative dead and the viper wounded.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Viper's bind makes environment explode

Post by tracktwo »

This is vanilla behavior. Looks like we removed the environmental damage from the tongue itself, but not from the bind part. I guess that was probably just an oversight and not a design choice, because LW2 removes a lot of the environmental damage from many attacks like this.
Phaseless

Post by Phaseless »

tracktwo wrote:This is vanilla behavior. Looks like we removed the environmental damage from the tongue itself, but not from the bind part. I guess that was probably just an oversight and not a design choice, because LW2 removes a lot of the environmental damage from many attacks like this.
Ah, cool! Does this mean you guys might remove environmental damage from this attack in a future hotfix/update?
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

I'll run it by JL, but can't promise anything right now.
Phaseless

Post by Phaseless »

tracktwo wrote:I'll run it by JL, but can't promise anything right now.
Sure, thanks!