windows 10

Mods-
Stop Wasting my time Legacy
Gotcha(Flank Preview Evolved)
Use My Class
Perfect Information
Numeric Health Display
Evac All

The Smash and Grab mission will spawn without containers, and just a single marker pointing to nothing. I tried clearing my config folder then starting a new game, and the first 2 went fine, then the third one had no containers again.

I couldn't upload directly so here are 2 save files on dropbox, first one is before the mission, second one is inside the mission

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hy0vc88hm9htz86/save72?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpwr4qkd2fj91s3/save73?dl=0
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Smash and Grab no containers

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks for the save. I recall one other person reporting the same problem a release or two back, but it seems to be very rare. I loaded your geoscape save and entered the mission and indeed got the same bug. But the map that it generated is wrong: neither that plot nor the objective parcel are valid for smash n grab missions, which is why you didn't get any containers. Ordinarily, that shouldn't be possible (although clearly it is!). Have you regenerated configs lately? Since it's not very widespread and is not something that is ordinarily possible it kind of smells like a config issue. The map was already determined in that geoscape save, so it can repro for me even if my configs are valid.
TechnoMage

Post by TechnoMage »

Yes, I reset my config because i was having the problem, started a new game from scratch, 2 smash and grabs succeeded then the third one had the problem again. I just reinstalled all my mods from scratch and am starting a new game again
TechnoMage

Post by TechnoMage »

yea problem persists after reinstalling mods and checking base game install through steam :/

edit: reset config files for a second time and I consoled my way through 3 smash and grabs all of which worked, don't know if it will suddenly stop working again or if it just has a chance to not work and I got lucky?
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Dunno. Like I said, if there was an error in LW2 that could cause 30% of the SnG's to just have no containers I'd have expected a lot more bug reports on it, but other than you and one other person a few months ago it's never been reported so that leads me to believe it's something environmental for the two of you and not LW2 in general. I could be wrong, and maybe there is a bug and you two just got very unlucky on rolling the bugged mission and nobody else does, but I'd be surprised. Let me know if you get another one with this campaign though.
TechnoMage

Post by TechnoMage »

Yea I got another one, I'll just instant launch smash and grabs from now on to see if they are a bugged map and load and abort/infiltrate depending.
TechnoMage

Post by TechnoMage »

For those who have this problem in the future, make sure you don't have longwar installed twice one being an older version(I had the older version deactivated but apparently it still activated as it had the same mod code as the newer one)