Smash & Grab with negative time remaining

Psieye

Smash & Grab with negative time remaining

Post by Psieye »

1.4 -> 1.5 Campaign. See strategy layer screenshot for a Smash & Grab at -11 hours remaining. This occurred after completing a Smash & Grab that I had infiltrated to 100% in 1.4.

I have a savefile taken after this negative duration mission spawned. How should I send it to you? It's too large to be a forum post attachment.
Attachments
NegativeTimer.jpg
NegativeTimer.jpg (26.56 KiB) Viewed 33714 times
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
artifixer

Re: Smash & Grab with negative time remaining

Post by artifixer »

Same issue.
You can actually go on this mission - it starts immediately and can be finished, but it does not vanishes from the list after that, so I assume it can be played on and on.

Have save, but cant attach it as it is too large.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Let us know if this continues with new Smash and Grabs. May just be an artifact of upgrading mid-campaign, which isn't something we can really address.
Greenie88

Post by Greenie88 »

Same issue here. I guess I was infiltrating a SmashnGrab overnight and after I did it it does not go away. I can redo it, but I have no infiltration time and it's suicide. I even toggled God mode to complete it but it still doesn't go away. I'm worried that having an active SnG will prevent other SnG from coming up.

In the description is say "Missing description assigned for this combination"

Edit
As other have said, SnG doesn't seem to spawn.
Started a new Campaign and I've scanned til June with 4 regions and I've yet to see a SmashNGrab. Economy is pretty broke because I can't get elirium. Using the pretty much the same mods as Xwynns and I disabled everything else.
Last edited by Greenie88 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

This is not something we encountered in testing. I'd say clean our your inis and if it's still occurring, un- and re-sub to the mod. And again, if it's just on missions that had already popped on 1.4 and were still there when you upgraded, it's not something we can address.
Sporadix

Post by Sporadix »

Same exact problem - launched a 1.4-infiltrated SnG and launched it after updating. I just decided to start a new campaign, but now SnG missions do not spawn at all. I will try reinstalling LW2 and scrapping all mods.

Update: Regening ini's, disabling all other mods and reinstalling LW2 did not work. Still cannot spawn SnGs. Not sure what else to do beyond reinstalling XCOM2, but that is going to take a while.
Andronimus

Post by Andronimus »

I'll join the chorus and say that I too am experiencing something weird with Smash and Grab missions post-update to 1.5. I was getting them regularly in 1.4, but after the update I haven't seen a single one spawn. I was not infiltrating any S&G missions at the time of update, so I don't have this negative time bug, but something seems to be stopping them spawning.

Obviously could just be small sample size, but I also just tried simming a couple months in my campaign (after saving, of course) to see which missions popped, and I didn't get a single S&G (4 regions, all on intel, and I simmed from late April to late June).

Bit weird, for sure. Don't want to unbalance my economy if the mission type is bugging out for some reason and not spawning. Might just be bad luck, but given the posts in this thread might be worth investigating at least.
S2K1985

Post by S2K1985 »

Hello,

I have the same issue. Smash and grab misson won´t occur even when i start a new campaign
artifixer

Post by artifixer »

Mission description on infiltration preview screen says something about missing content.
Were there any changes in missions ini between 1.4 and 1.5 about Smash&Grab?
quarter

Post by quarter »

Same exact problem.

Let us know if anyone finds a fix, as I don't really want to have to restart a whole new campaign.

Thanks!
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We'll investigate. Can you guys list some other mods you are running?
Greenie88

Post by Greenie88 »

I've deleted Xcom and I'm reinstalling.

Update: reinstalled XCOM, just QOL Mods. Opened up some old saves from various campaigns...scanned for a month, no Smash and Grabs.
Last edited by Greenie88 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andronimus

Post by Andronimus »

I'm only running mods from XWynn's list (not at home, so can't check them all) and not even all of those. Nothing gameplay or map changing; cosmetic changes and the occasional time-savers (Evac All, Stop Wasting my Time, etc.) only.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

Andronimus wrote:I'm only running mods from XWynn's list (not at home, so can't check them all) and not even all of those. Nothing gameplay or map changing; cosmetic changes and the occasional time-savers (Evac All, Stop Wasting my Time, etc.) only.
Have you refreshed the ini files?
Andronimus

Post by Andronimus »

deaconivory wrote:
Andronimus wrote:I'm only running mods from XWynn's list (not at home, so can't check them all) and not even all of those. Nothing gameplay or map changing; cosmetic changes and the occasional time-savers (Evac All, Stop Wasting my Time, etc.) only.
I have, and additionally I unsubscribed and re-subscribed to the mods. I didn't go through the process of actually deleting everything and reinstalling, nor did I touch the main game files. Wanted to avoid doing anything more radical if possible, though it sounds like others in the thread have tried even a fresh install with no luck.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

Andronimus wrote:
deaconivory wrote:
I have, and additionally I unsubscribed and re-subscribed to the mods. I didn't go through the process of actually deleting everything and reinstalling, nor did I touch the main game files. Wanted to avoid doing anything more radical if possible, though it sounds like others in the thread have tried even a fresh install with no luck.
Thank you.
Sporadix

Post by Sporadix »

I think I also only play with the "Xwynns" package: Robojumper Squad Select, Evac All, Gotcha Again, Numeric Health Bars... maybe one or two QoLs, not 100% sure since I deleted everything already.

I've done everything short of reinstalling XCOM 2. Refreshed ini's, deleted all mods, uninstalled LW2, verified vanilla files, and removed saves from savegame folder. I am attempting a full reinstall right now, I will see if it works in a couple of hours.
Greenie88

Post by Greenie88 »

I have a Save Game and Launch.log file from an old save.

Fresh install XCOM, only mod enabled LW2. Deleted ini's. Opened old save without any SnG active on map (early in April) and scanned for a month. I'd say the amount of GOPs popping is feels the same, but they are all hack/jailbreak/attention type.

Let me know how to get them to you.
Steelflame

Post by Steelflame »

I can say that I can confirm that SnGs are no longer showing up for me, and I'm getting more of the other types in their place. I've instead been seeing tons of troop columns, which lets me grab corpses, which is nice in the late game when you are actively trying to get those overly rare late game corpses like Gatekeepers and Sectos that only ever want to spawn on missions you can't get corpses from...
Andronimus

Post by Andronimus »

Steelflame wrote:I can say that I can confirm that SnGs are no longer showing up for me, and I'm getting more of the other types in their place. I've instead been seeing tons of troop columns, which lets me grab corpses, which is nice in the late game when you are actively trying to get those overly rare late game corpses like Gatekeepers and Sectos that only ever want to spawn on missions you can't get corpses from...
I can also report from my testing that I don't seem to be noticing fewer missions overall, just a lack of S&Gs and replacement with, as Steelflame says, more troop columns and supply raids. So it doesn't seem like there are missions missing, but perhaps the table that is generating the missions based on region conditions got adjusted incorrectly or some other set of spawn conditions got linked to the wrong mission type? Just throwing out an idea.
artifixer

Post by artifixer »

List of mods in attachment.
Sorry for initial post not in English, don't know how this happened. :oops:
Attachments
XCOM2-ModList.png
XCOM2-ModList.png (34.37 KiB) Viewed 33461 times
Last edited by artifixer on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
imn01

Post by imn01 »

I'm in april 7 with fresh 1.5 campaign, never encountered a single S&G. Same mods as xwaynn use.

EDIT:

I've started a new campaign by disabling all mod except long war 2, also cleared the config. Then scan till july, still no S&G pop up.
dragon95046

Post by dragon95046 »

I just had this same issue and it was definitely from a Smash and Grab I started infiltrating before the last update.

Is there a console command to remove missions? I really don't want to leave the mission there accumulating negative hours but if the alternative is starting over, that's what I'll end up doing.
Andronimus

Post by Andronimus »

As a follow-up to my issue, I've now advanced months into a fresh campaign and not a single S&G has spawned. So while the negative time remaining aspect seems to be a specific symptom of this issue (seemingly caused if you were mid-infiltration of a S&G when the patch updated) the broader issue (for at least several posters, it seems) is that the S&G mission type has completely disappeared, even from fresh campaigns. Has anyone who had the negative timer ever seen a new S&G spawn at any point? I suspect this is the same issue just with an additional factor if you happened to be mid-infiltration.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks for the investigations everyone. I won't be back home to look at this for another few days but I will look into it then. I haven't been near a computer with XCOM since before 1.5 released so I haven't been able to try it myself, but from what I've read I do agree with Andronimus' suggestion that the negative timers and failure to spawn S&Gs with new campaigns are likely symptoms of the same underlying problem with the activity. I don't know what that is yet until I can look at the code though.

If any of you with negative timers have saves available that you can upload to a file share or cloud host service and share a link it may be useful, but hopefully I can repro the problem with a fresh 1.5 install myself without need of a save.