List of Bugs i noticed in Long War 2 v1.4 and some suggestions (Updated)

osiyeza

List of Bugs i noticed in Long War 2 v1.4 and some suggestions (Updated)

Post by osiyeza »

I put some of this in separated post, and I’m quite sure some of them are already well know, but I think it may be useful just to list the problems I had.

BUGS
- Bladestorm triggered by ally reinforcements (haven soldiers). (I wonder if this is a side effect of the traitor mechanic, if so it will be awesome instead of removing this issue to embrace it and have some of your haven soldiers be undercover faceless!!!, so they can turn in-mission and attack you!!) (This may be related with the mod Additional Mission Types, but i think it may have revealed just a underlying bug).
- Subdue animation replaced by stab animation, and not matching the subdued person reaction (maybe fixed in v.1.5 already).
- Some "back" buttons on the interface not working or not appearing in certain UI screens on the avenger
- Name of some abilities with a different indentation in the soldier abilities list. (Center Mass)
- Invisible pistols in a lot of missions (maybe fixed in v.1.5 already).
- Sheath of the sword invisible sometimes (I think is a problem of the main game too).
- Guns floating in the air in some cinematics even if they show correctly in the soldier model (I think is a problem of the main game too).
- Save squad button is disabled when you click certain squads or with some conditions, once this happens it appears always disabled and it can’t be used again.
- Some facilities in the geomap appear out of place (my HQ and some missions appeared in the middle of the Arctic Ocean)
- Navigation problems in the geomap (when you place the mouse on an icon the focus moves to the point of interest and sometimes it does not go back when you move the mouse away).
- I had a lot of problems in Shen last gift mission, that never happened to me in the vanilla game, but it may have been just bad luck, In my las run a robot body was bouncing at the end of everyturn all around the map for a whole minute before i could start my next turn. Also the reloading animation of my soldier was skipped randomly, and weird stuff.
- BALANCE, the dark event of increasing reinforcements rate makes some missions actually impossible to beat even with 125% infiltration of a full squad and a baseline enemy level of very low or extremely low, since enemies appear at a faster rate they can be killed at the very beginning of the mission, this happens on some standard missions, though most of them are winnable with a lot of effort, however special missions (quick response missions) which usually are more difficult than an average one, usually became unwinnable with this dark event enabled. This is the only really unfair mechanic of long war 2 so far for me.

SUGGESTIONS
- The faceless traitor needs to happen!
- Some (optional) missions with a very limited squad size 1-3 soldiers, encouraging real stealth game, or out of the box strategies. Maybe beatable without ever breaking concealment or using smart approaches, i think this is totally doable just adjusting the enemy numbers. Some of the existing mission types can be easily tuned for this, like a hacking mission, grab resources missions or execution mission.
- I think missions pop up too frequently, which becomes a little annoying or a bit too repetitive after a while. True, it takes a while to manage properly the geomap, and then you learn that you probably should ignore 70% of the missions, which is fine. But things like find a lead missions popping out constantly in a region where you already are in the third mission of liberation probably can be improved.
- Please please balance the reinforcement dark event!
- A faster retrain option, to modify one single hability (this allow to correct or adjust some of your soldiers without spending half a month to retrain their whole tree, i think this would totally make sense)
- Add an update gun option to the interface, so you can change your gun to a new tier one and carrying all your previous gun modifications. Seriously, it is superannoyong to every time you research a new tier, to take all your mods away, and them put then back in the new gun one by one to all the soldiers. Totally unnecesary hugue waste of time.
- Adding next/previous button soldier to the character pool, and some UI views of the soldier that dont have it.
- Making the next/previous soldier buttons use the order you have selected in the soldier list, or showing only the members of the squad you have selected.
- Add soldiers to the recruit option more often or if you have depleted the list. I think LW soldier management often will require the player to have more soldiers than he can recruit.
Last edited by osiyeza on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
osiyeza

Re: List of Bugs i noticed in Long War 2 v1.4 and some suggestions

Post by osiyeza »

Update

BUGS
- In the Squad Management view, after pressing the "view squad" button it is not possible to modify the gear of the soldiers (Changes do not persist from the soldier view to the squad view).
- Soldiers lose their selected gear sometimes, this may be after being wounded or undergoing training (Im not sure when it does happen)
- When starting a mission, it is usual that only one soldier is rendered when the camera moves to the objectives.
-Spark units can appear overimpossed to other soldiers in the avenger.
- When assigning roster soldiers to havens, some soldiers appear with a wrong "available" status instead of "Unit in a squad"