Bladestorm Triggered by Friendly Units

osiyeza

Bladestorm Triggered by Friendly Units

Post by osiyeza »

This is quite simple, i was in a mission where reinforcements showed. Eventually, when moving one of them my Shinobi went mad and used Bladestorm when he came into his radius of action, killing his friendly foe xD
RookieAutopsy

Re: Bladestorm Triggered by Friendly Units

Post by RookieAutopsy »

Obviously a faceless.

I'm not sure of what you mean though as I'm unaware of any LW2 mission where you get friendly RNFs.
osiyeza

Post by osiyeza »

Nono, it was not a faceless. I mean it was of these misions where you have your squad and a group of soldiers of the resistance shows later as reinforcements, im not sure if this kind of missions happen in the vanilla game, but i think this is a long war issue.

I know there is a traitor mechanic in LW2, so a resistance personel can be a faceless and scam some of your resources, It would actually be amazing if that can this be translated on the game so one of your own resistance soldiers can result in being a faceless and betraying you! (TAKE NOTE PAVONIS). But that was not an intended effect im sure (maybe a side effect of this mechanic), cause attacking a faceless would not kill it, but make it turn and attack you.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

osiyeza wrote:Nono, it was not a faceless. I mean it was of these misions where you have your squad and a group of soldiers of the resistance shows later as reinforcements, im not sure if this kind of missions happen in the vanilla game, but i think this is a long war issue.
That's neither Vanilla nor Long War.
I think that mission comes from Additional Mission Types mod. It's perfectly possible there is some conflict between LW2 and AMT.
osiyeza

Post by osiyeza »

You may be totally right, but I find more probably if that is the case that the mod exposed a bug from LW, cause the habilities code should not be affected by the type of mission. Or also can be an vanila game problem or a mod problem...

The probablities of having a resistance member soldier you control running into the range of mele of a bladestrom soldier are quite low, and i even think that the hability just has a chance to be triggered. So i think is probably that it is just an underlying bug that is very difficult to replicate in regular missions, but i will try!