Freezing when mousing over tactical map grid

Speedbump from Chinatown

Freezing when mousing over tactical map grid

Post by Speedbump from Chinatown »

Hi everyone, sorry for posting again so soon,

I'm using LW2 version 1.5, playing on Windows 8 on Steam, and also using the Alternate Mod Launcher (https://github.com/Gribbleshnibit8/xcom ... tag/v1.0.0) for better mod organization.

Here (https://pastebin.com/RTS5seQK) is the mod options ini which should list all mods I'm using. A majority of them are just soldier cosmetics, and the purely cosmetic mods are marked with an asterisk in front of the line, but I left them in since I am using them and they may have some hidden effect on the game.

The bug is that the game freezes and ceases to respond when mosuing over spaces soldiers can move to on the tactical grid. No crash to desktop - ambient sound still plays, but I have to force close the game via windows task manager. I can replicate the bug, but it seems fairly random. This is the second mission this occured in. The first one, I was able to restart the mission using the "restart mission" option, but this workaround seems unreliable. So far this has only occured in city center type maps, so it may be the "Even More PCPs!" mod, but I have played city center maps before, so I'm not sure.

I tried disabling the "Kill Counter" mod, but that didn't seem to have any effect.

Here (https://pastebin.com/GcLPVzeq) is the last 67 lines of the launch log, I can post more if I need to determine what is causing the freezing.

I'll try some other stuff tomorrow, like regererating .ini's and disabling more mods.

Regardless, thank you for reading! Any help is appreciated!
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Freezing when mousing over tactical map grid

Post by tracktwo »

I haven't heard of that happening before, so please do try an .ini regen. If you can get it to happen reliably with a set of steps, I'd be interested in save file that I can use to repro the problem. Unfortunately without a save that can reliably show the problem I'm not sure I'd be able to do much since I haven't heard anyone else ever encountering this problem. Another thing to do is to use the \OutputParcelInfo console command. This will draw the name of each parcel and PCP on the map so you can see if it's a particular map element or set of map elements that causes the problem.
Speedbump from Chinatown

Post by Speedbump from Chinatown »

Thank you for the input!

After toying with some options, the bug seemed to have stopped once I disabled the "Even More PCPs!" mod, so I will try to run the mission and see what happens. The generated map is still the same regardless of the mod being active, so I could try to load the geoscape autosave before the mission, but if map generation works like in XCOM EU/W, it won't generate a new map since the mission is already active on the geoscape. Worst case I can abort the infiltration and not deal with that map at all.

I'll try an .ini regen after that (though it might not hurt even if it is working fine). Then I can access the console and get the parcel info from this mission and see if there are any in common with the 1st mission. And if that doesn't work, I can send you the save file, but I'm not sure if any bugs would pop up from not sharing cosmetic mods.

I'm at work this moment, so I can try this in a few hours when I get back home.

EDIT: It seems the PCP mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =811937009) does have a lot of problems with stuttering and freezing on city centers, softlocking the game and forcing exit via task manager, which verbatim describes my issue. So this almost certainly isn't a Long War 2 problem. Sorry for posting in the wrong place then.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

No problem! Thanks for following up.