Chain lightning bug

zljchris

Chain lightning bug

Post by zljchris »

Hi,
Here is what happened:
In save file 1, named 'before', I activated a pod and I was trying to use my assault to chain lighting all of them. The animation was very weird. It seems all of them got stunned, and collapsed on the ground, but immediately stood up as if they were not stunned. However, the event log showed all of them got stunned.
In the save file 2, named 'after', I check their debuff status by hovering mouse over the enemy icons and none of them had any stun debuff. I somewhat fixed it by clearing Config files and save and reload the save file 1 to replay the game, but it still appear from time to time.

I'm not sure if this is a pure animation bug, or the enemies actually recovered from stun immediately because of this bug.

Here are the links:
Save file 1 'Before': https://www.dropbox.com/s/8p5eh0s5vfthyq5/before?dl=0
Save file 2 'After' : https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmzvi2rlqruyfsz/after?dl=0
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Chain lightning bug

Post by tracktwo »

Thanks for the saves. It looks like it's just an animation bug, but I'm still trying to determine the root cause.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

Fixed for 1.5.

This was a longstanding bug that I hadn't seen reported yet, going all the way back to 1.0, and it applies to all stuns, not just chain lightning. There was a bug in the reflex action point granting code that would grant enemies reflex actions even if it was XCOM's turn. This is normally harmless because they won't actually use those points if you activate them on your turn, they just take their scamper movement action and that's it -- the remaining point just sits on them unused for the turn and is erased after their turn. But, the way stun is coded it won't show the idle animation if the stun doesn't remove all their action points, and it doesn't remove any action points from the unit if it's not their turn. Combined, that meant that the stun code thought that the unit could still act (since it still had an action point) so it shows the stand-back-up animation. It's purely a visual bug though, they really are stunned and will not act despite being displayed as active. I've fixed this by fixing the bug that was granting reflex actions to units on XCOM's turn.
zljchris

Post by zljchris »

Awesome.
Thanks tracktwo