Full Override bugs, retaliation and rebel mec issues

pipelad

Full Override bugs, retaliation and rebel mec issues

Post by pipelad »

Good day to all. First, awsom mod, keep the good work.

I have repeatedly encountered this 2 bugs, from my search on the forum there has been some issues already reported when you succeed on Full Override and mecs not going to your haven. This is not exactly the bug im here to report this this happens to me very frequently in my 1.2 campaign.

I'm unsure if this events i'm going to describe are related as part of the bug or if they are separate events/bugs.

The steps:

1. this happens on retaliations, mostly the turn based ones or the terror ones if you use extraction.
2. you need to start with a rebel mec, to see the bug.
3. Use Full Override on a mec, any mec on the map.

Now depending on the retaliation there are 2 options to see the bug.

4a. on the turn based retaliation win. So you manage to wait for skyranger to return, take your rebels to extraction, take your soldiers to extraction. Till this point all is fine and dandy. New mec will supposedly go to the haven, altho mostly it wont. but the mec you started with will not be able to be extracted. So, reinforcements keep on coming till both of your mecs die or the rebel one you started win is. basically your fixed to loose your mec.

4b. on terror missions actually the bug is also related with extraction, mission parameters permit you to chose either kill all the aliens on the map, or lay a defensive position and try to extract as much rebels and soldiers as you can. if you choose the later, evac as many as you can (especially if you get a huge retaliation your sure you cant win with the soldiers you might have) youll face the same conundrum with or without using Full Override on map mecs. you wont be able to extract the mec, so the mission will not be over till mec dies. This does not happen if you kill everything on the map, as this ends the retaliation and the mec is kept on the haven.

What mods do i have, big list, but this are the main one that could have some kind of effect:
Long war 2
gotcha again
dont waste my time

the rest are aesthetics mods, like free the hood, full character customization, hairs, hats, voices and so on.

I have both DLC activated on the campaign, both tower and nest fully done.

I can provide a hard save with the bug present, would need guidance to find the file to be sent.

System:
AMD fx 8320 processor
8GB ram
120 GB Solid state Hard drive
500 GB HD
GTX 1060 3GBram video card
Windows 10

Good day.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Full Override bugs, retaliation and rebel mec issues

Post by tracktwo »

I believe I already have a fix for the bug(s) listed here. But if you want to provide a save I can double-check that it is fixed for these cases too. The easiest way to get the save to us is to drop it on some filesharing or cloud drive service (dropbox, gdrive, etc.) and just paste or PM me a link. Thanks!
pipelad

Post by pipelad »

Thanks for the quick response, i have sent you the save file, i believe i sent it just before i extracted all possible soldiers, so you wont have to do much in-game.

Hope this helps in any way.
pipelad

Post by pipelad »

Update on the bug:

I have made now 2 more retaliations, to confirm some parts of the bug. these new retaliation i did not use full override, and both i was able to finish the mission without losing the rebel mec. So this bug must be directly related to using full override during the retaliation.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

The resistance mec was still causing a problem even with my bugfix. With the save I've fixed this issue now too and the missions should end properly when you full-override a mec on a mission with a resistance mec present.