Unplayable LW2: "pure virtual function being called while application was running (gisrunning == 1)" error

said46

Unplayable LW2: "pure virtual function being called while application was running (gisrunning == 1)" error

Post by said46 »

Hello, guys. I am constantly getting "pure virtual function being called while application was running (gisrunning == 1)" error. I noticed, that it usually happens during big missions with many enemies, sometimes when I am tabbing through my squad or even when I am afk. I deleted the game entirelly and reinstalled it, verified it, turned the Red Fog off, removed some suspisious modes (more maps, more cities, tacticalui kill counter), put the graphics settings to minimum, tried to test the saves on my laptop (it has Win 10 installed as well), but nothing helped - it keeps crashing. I googled it and found no solution.
My invasion mission has become 100% unplayable. I think I am forced to stop the campaing because of the bug. Hundreds of people complain about the error but 2k and Firaxis do nothing to rectify it. I am very disapponted because I love LW2 in the whole but I can't play it anymore.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Unplayable LW2: "pure virtual function being called while application was running (gisrunning == 1)" error

Post by johnnylump »

There are a great many things that could cause this error, but we can't do anything about it without a specific, reproducible cause. All I can suggest are the troubleshooting steps. If you'd like to post a your launch.log from immediately after a crash in a file here we can take a look.
Sorbicol

Re: Unplayable LW2: "pure virtual function being called while application was running (gisrunning == 1)" error

Post by Sorbicol »

Said46

I'm gonna reply here rather than in the Sub Reddit as I think that you'll probably be more likely to read it. Plus it might help other people.

I think this thread in the Steam community forums might help you: https://steamcommunity.com/app/268500/d ... 385347833/

It probably addresses your specific issue rather than mine (although I do think they are related) but there is another thread in the 2K support forums which seems to verify a certain level of success in solving the issue:

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?42 ... -new-patch

I'm gonna use this to try and sort out my own issues, but I at least thought I would let you know.
said46

Post by said46 »

It seems like this thread helped to resolve the issue.
Sorbicol

Post by Sorbicol »

Ah, glad you it fixed. Nothing has worked for me, and I've tried everything.... gonna stress test and check my gfx card this weekend and make sure it doesn't just need a damn good clean.
hvas2n

Post by hvas2n »

У меня была эта проблема. Ошибка появлялась после первой миссии. Пробовал версию мода 1.1 и 1.2. Также пропадала текстура иконок (перезарядка, гранаты) Они были черными. В итоге удалил все моды ( True Concealment for LW2, Gremlins Grabs Loot), оставив только FixedTargeting и LW_Overhaul. Затем удалил полностью папки ...\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\SaveData и ...\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config . Запустил игру и всё заработало.
Вот так, следуя инструкции ReadMe, я починил свою копию игры. Спасибо за потрясающую модификацию.

translate.google:
I had this problem. An error occurred after the first mission. Tried version 1.1 and 1.2. Also missing the texture of the icons (recharge, grenades) They were black.
In the end, removed all the mods ( True Concealment for LW2, Gremlins Grabs Loot), leaving only FixedTargeting and LW_Overhaul.
Then deleted all the folders ...\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\SaveData and ...\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config
I started the game and it worked.

So, following the instructions of ReadMe, I repaired my copy of the game.

Thanks for the amazing update.