Nonexistent Cover Still Gives Protection

Ithuriel

Nonexistent Cover Still Gives Protection

Post by Ithuriel »

...sorry for so many threads in a short period of time, I've run into a lot of oddities this mission.

My grenadier with Sapper launched a plasma grenade at a piece of low cover two Mutons were using; the grenade clearly destroyed the cover. I could also move a soldier onto the location the cover used to be at- it was previously unpathable. However, the back Muton still somehow has low cover from my sniper, despite no cover existing for a few squares in any direction. I'm guessing the game probably didn't update his cover status for some reason, because I cannot take cover against the location the cover used to be at. As ever, I have a save at the start of the turn.

Screenshots
Cover is clearly destroyed: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =883169441
But Muton still has Light Cover: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =883169681

Mods: I'm running no mods that affect balance. I'm running:
  • Stop Wasting My Time
  • Drone Reveal Animation
  • Make All Items Available & Remove Unused Upgrades
  • Restored Avenger Navigation
  • Mission Award Variety
  • More Armor Colors
  • Show Health Values
  • No Drop-Down Lists
  • LW2: ShowMeTheSkills Revived
  • Skulljack Feedback Fix
  • Evac All
  • Long War 2
  • [LW2 Comp] XCOM 2 International Voices Pack
  • Gotcha Again
Alketi

Re: Nonexistent Cover Still Gives Protection

Post by Alketi »

Ithuriel wrote:My grenadier with Sapper launched a plasma grenade at a piece of low cover two Mutons were using; the grenade clearly destroyed the cover. I could also move a soldier onto the location the cover used to be at- it was previously unpathable. However, the back Muton still somehow has low cover from my sniper, despite no cover existing for a few squares in any direction.
This is a long-standing bug with XCOM2. Perhaps someone at Pavonis can fix it; that'd be great. However, the work-around is to save and re-load, then cover bonus will be correctly removed.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

Save and reload fixes a few issues. If some ability appears not to be working right a quick refresh can fix many things up. F5/F9 are helpful here.
cerebrawl

Post by cerebrawl »

I had some invisible high cover left after I blew up the corner of the ADVENT soldier factory. ;)
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Unfortunately, sometimes saving and reloading makes some ghost cover appear where it wasn't before so it's not really a reliable fix
But yeah, old bug Firaxis never fixed :x
Sporadix

Post by Sporadix »

Another thing you can do is TTC your shooting soldier to another tile, and then TTC him back. Usually does the trick.
Fizzwick

Post by Fizzwick »

I've seen cover destroyed visibly but remain in effect where anyone who goes to where it was, gets a bonus and the shield icon shows when you move the cursor there. On the flipside, I've seen cover destroyed for all meaningful purposes but the art asset remains. So it looks like there's a cover object there, but you can path through it or even stop inside, and not gain any actual cover. That one seems to happen most with tree stump type objects. Dang holographic trees. ;)
Rikokrates

Post by Rikokrates »

Also had this when using as mech as cover. A stun lancer used the mech as cover on the alien's turn, I moved the mech to expose the lancer to fire, apparently it was still in full cover! :-(
pipelad

Post by pipelad »

Dunno how this is going in development, but i have also seen it several times, on a liberation 5, Chryssalids destroyed all the cover, but as you can see in the image it was "still there"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =896047674