Line of Sight and closing open doors

Izzy

Line of Sight and closing open doors

Post by Izzy »

Version: 1.2
System: Windows 7
Mods: Gotcha again, Perfect Information, Additional Icons

Closing open doors tends to take away the players Line of Sight, but the AI can see and sometimes shoot through them as if they weren't closed. I would argue to take the option of closing a door away until this is fixed because it creates really frustrating accident activations in a game so focused on stealth and controlled activations.
marco.costa

Re: Line of Sight and closing open doors

Post by marco.costa »

I can confirm this problem. Activated more than once through a (should've been) closed door.

Right now what I do is save and exit then reload every time I close a door behind me that I need to be blocking LOS.

Can the LW2 team even fix this or is it a bug in XCOM2 code and offlimits to Pavonis?

I'm on version 1.4
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: Line of Sight and closing open doors

Post by chrisb »

This is a bug in vanilla that has to do with the soldier "peeking" around the corner. If you move to the tile when the door is closed your soldier does not peek around the corner as there is none, but opening the door causes the peeking behavior. Closing the door again does not reset the soldier peeking.

I'm not sure there's much we can do about it, but will look into it to see if there is someway to reset the peeking behavior upon closing the door.

Save/Reload works, and I've also had using TTC in the console to move the soldier away and then back to the tile, this seems to reset it as well. TTC is also handy for fixing issues with soldiers being flanked when they are not actually flanked.