Bug AWC perks clickable

thefieryphoenix1

Bug AWC perks clickable

Post by thefieryphoenix1 »

I can now, when viewing AWC perks in the armory, click and select yes to gain the AWC perks without training.

It only shows the level of the highest AWC perk ive trained, and includes all three branches.

Idk if its you guys as i have a lot of mods, but just an fyi.
thefieryphoenix1

Re: Bug AWC perks clickable

Post by thefieryphoenix1 »

Can click them on all wounded and infiltrating units.
Mandurang

Post by Mandurang »

Can confirm that the same is happening to me. If I enable training via the barracks screen, then any perk I select is instantly trained.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

I made this mistake as well (well before 1.2 was out), and I can tell you exactly what causes it.

You probably dove into the .ini to turn on the option that un-hides the entire AWC tree for each soldier, right? And then you looked at the setting right below it which says something like "allow perk training from armory" or something like that and thought "hey, that sounds great!" and enabled that option as well.

Except that this thing you're describing is what that option does, so go turn it back off :D

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, the short answer is to go find XComLW_AWCPack.ini and change ALLOWTRAININGINARMORY to false. If you don't know how it got set to true in the first place, then that's probably a real bug, since it should always be set to false by default.

EDIT: To further clarify, that ALLOWTRAININGINARMORY setting is a debug setting, and is not meant to be used by normal players. Even with this setting set to "false" there will still be a button in the soldier view UI that allows you to train AWC perks. It's at the top-right of the "AWC perks" menu.
Mandurang

Post by Mandurang »

Yup, I did that. Fortunately I realized immediately that it was causing it, I just thought it might not have been the intention to have instant training. They probably put it in for debugging purposes.