Both kinds of retaliation in one mission

Undershaft

Both kinds of retaliation in one mission

Post by Undershaft »

Version 1.1
Windows 10
Used the same minor mods (Gotcha, CaptainBubs etc) I used in the hundreds of hours before without having this happen
Made a copy of the savegame at the start of the mission

Started a retaliation mission around August, the "gather the haven personnel and wait for the skyranger to arrive while constant reinforcements drop in" kind. This time, however, there were already several pods on the map - like in blue move distance from the starting point. Had 12 aliens standing in one spot scatter to cover after I blue-moved with my first soldier. If that were all, it would be a tough supply-raid-style battle and perfectly fine, but with the added reinforcements every turn and your soldiers having to quickly explore the map to gather all rebels, it becomes almost unbeatable.

More importantly, that has never happened to me before. There were either retaliations with several pods already there killing people *or* constant reinforcements while you have to wait. Not both at the same time. So I assume it's some sort of bug.
Blackadder

Re: Both kinds of retaliation in one mission

Post by Blackadder »

Just as I've had this happen to me and seen this mentioned on reddit and elsewhere but can't find it in resolved/elevated bugs I thought I'd provide a nudge to this thread.

Is this intentional behaviour for the mission or actually a bug?
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

It sounds like either a bug or a mod conflict. There should be no pods already on the map on the wait-for-the-dropship retaliation. Ideally if it repros for you if you can provide an autosave from the geoscape before entering the mission we'd be able to track it down more easily. From inside the mission itself might be harder, but better than nothing.
Blackadder

Post by Blackadder »

tracktwo wrote:It sounds like either a bug or a mod conflict. There should be no pods already on the map on the wait-for-the-dropship retaliation. Ideally if it repros for you if you can provide an autosave from the geoscape before entering the mission we'd be able to track it down more easily. From inside the mission itself might be harder, but better than nothing.

Will do if it comes up again. Thanks for the reply!