Ridiculous amounts of Reinforcements on next mission after securing region.

Pendrako

Ridiculous amounts of Reinforcements on next mission after securing region.

Post by Pendrako »

Just managed to take out the Regional HQ in West Africa, and had a workstation hack mission immediately following... ended up getting three reinforcement drops starting around turn 7, and coming in EVERY turn following.

pretty sure securing a region is supposed to do the direct opposite.
Goumindong

Re: Ridiculous amounts of Reinforcements on next mission after securing region.

Post by Goumindong »

Pendrako wrote:Just managed to take out the Regional HQ in West Africa, and had a workstation hack mission immediately following... ended up getting three reinforcement drops starting around turn 7, and coming in EVERY turn following.

pretty sure securing a region is supposed to do the direct opposite.
When you secure a regional HQ the aliens immediately pull out of the region. You can finish the missions you had infiltrated for... but you would have to go immediately.

Its almost certainly the case that you thought you had a reasonable infiltration timer because you had started the mission with a good amount of time. But you liberated the region long before that timer could complete.
Pendrako

Post by Pendrako »

ah, however, think there's still a bug. As the mission i'm talking about was still infilled enough for "extremely light" even with taking the Regional HQ... and I also just got a Retaliation mission with reinforcements EVERY TURN in a different region, and they're only at 4 str there. I'm also getting a mix of all force levels of enemies too. swear to god one of the pods actually had every rank of standard trooper in it.

I'm all for difficulty, but an unending stream of enemies dropping in all over the place plus the guys on the map is something i really doubt Pavonis means to do. I mean, I'm only playing on Veteran here.

well, if nothing else, least i know my Ranger Officer's Jammer ability works. got one turn without a drop only because of her.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

That's probably a snare mission. Doesn't have anything to do with your liberation, it's just that that mission was a trap set by the aliens (in general those are a RUN AWAY!! type experience).
Pendrako

Post by Pendrako »

so, what, I'm just supposed to leave my entire Haven in East Africa to die?

edited: okay, so read up, is a thing...but I do think there should be some respect for the force level you're at too. shouldn't be Elite guys and Heavy MECs porting in constantly if you're just at Lasers and barely have Predator armor. Normal and Archer MECs, Centurions, Serpens and Advanced troopers, yeah..but being dogpiled by elites?
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Pendrako wrote:and I also just got a Retaliation mission with reinforcements EVERY TURN in a different region, and they're only at 4 str there.
...Is that not supposed to happen? I thought Retaliation missions all had reinforcements every turn, but just had no pods on the map to begin with (except for faceless haven civvies).
Pendrako

Post by Pendrako »

Apparently there's three variations.

1.1 fixed it though. prob i had was ridiculous spawn weight. i mean, i can get having 2-4 guys dropping in every turn, but i was getting 6. and a pod of mutons apparently already on the map showed up.

loaded up the save pre-avenger with 1.1 on, same kinda mission, but only 2-4 guys per turn, managed to save all ten civvies, held out on a roof for seven turns, and evacced out. had a shinobi out looking for the last guy and didn't spot any on-map pods either.