Unable to assign soldiers to mission

Voyager7456

Unable to assign soldiers to mission

Post by Voyager7456 »

I'm a couple hours in to a campaign and just finished scanning the POI for the weapons from the Alien Hunters DLC (Bolt Caster, etc). The next time I attempt to start infiltration on a mission, Bradford gives me his sound clip about how the new weapons are unique, but most of the UI appears to be non-functional.

Clicking "Select Soldier" or attempting to change the squad does nothing, as does pressing ESC to bring up the menu. The only things that do appear to work are the buttons at the bottom (build items, auto-fill squad, etc). Backing out of squad selection results in the GUI disappearing and I have to quit the game.

Platform: Windows 7
LW Version: 1.0
Mods Enabled: None
DLC Enabled: Alien Hunters, Anarchy's Children, Reinforcement Pack, Shen's Last Gift, Resistance Warrior Pack

Please let me know if I can provide any more information. I can provide a save file if necessary.
Amineri

Re: Unable to assign soldiers to mission

Post by Amineri »

This is a known issue in the release, fixed in the next patch.

There are two workarounds:
1) After collecting the weapons, navigate to the Armory / Barracks in the avenger to trigger the 4 weapon received popups. This clears them so they won't show in squad select.
2) Press ENTER or SPACE in squad select when it apparently locks.

The issue is that a UIScreen somehow gets on the stack and prevents other screens from receiving input, but isn't displayed. And this screen doesn't accept ESC to proceed, only ENTER or SPACE.
Voyager7456

Re: Unable to assign soldiers to mission

Post by Voyager7456 »

That worked perfectly. Thank you.