Can't fast forward on strategic map

Zenteck

Can't fast forward on strategic map

Post by Zenteck »

This isn't so much a bug as a possible oversight, or perhaps I'm just being thick.

I just completed my opening mission and have played the introduction cutscenes, started building and so on. I went to the strategic map and the very first object available to scan was the Black Market. It took 3 days to scan (Veteran, I am a wimp) and for now there is nothing else to do. No missions or infiltrations and no 'home base' to scan at; nothing that I can do to make time pass quickly and generate a mission or complete research.
It seems all I can do is leave the game on screen while the minutes tick by.

Am I missing something? Is there a 'wait' button somewhere that I've missed? Or have I somehow caused a conflict with another mod? Blackmarket Usage, More Cities and Stop Wasting My Time are the only mods I have that might go anywhere near this, but I don't see how. I've tried uninstalling those and reloading, no dice.

I'd be grateful for any advice or understanding, cheers.

Edit: I can provide a save file if it will help. But I do have a ton of other mods installed. I've been through them with a fine toothcomb and nothing else should go near the strategic layer. It's all cosmetics, maps, voice packs etc. A few tactical conveniences and that's about it. I purposely removed all gameplay-affecting mods for a 'pure' Long War experience.
Amineri

Re: Can't fast forward on strategic map

Post by Amineri »

Likely culprit here is that you need to regenerate your config files. Basically we're missing some essential code because the game isn't picking up a config file.
If you are have problems with the mod, you should first exit the game and REGENERATE YOUR INI files by deleting all files in \Documents\My Games\XCOM2\XComGame\Config. These will be recreated on your next game start. If that does not resolve your issues, you may need to verify XCOM2 back to its vanilla state in Steam before activating this and other mods.
Zenteck

Post by Zenteck »

I reloaded a save from as soon as I arrived on the Avenger, and refreshed the configs, one of them did the trick.

Don't know how it happened. Sorry I didn't refresh the configs immediately, assumed it wouldn't be necessary, being a fresh install.

Thanks for taking the time to post.
Amineri

Post by Amineri »

Not a problem, sorry for the extra trouble having to regen the config. I think the upcoming patch should address this issue.
smashness

Post by smashness »

I'm having the same problem, except none of the troubleshoothing steps helped me.

Deleted the config folder, didn't work; full reinstall; didn't work; disabled mods (stop wasting my time, instant avenger menus) and didn't work.
Also veryfied integrity of game files and didn't solve. Started like 5 campaings already to make sure the problem isn't lingering on a save file.

I didn't unsubscribe to the others mods, just unchecked them on launcher. Is this enough or I should literally delete to get rid of them?