Haywire doesn't have the end turn flag

Phaseless

Haywire doesn't have the end turn flag

Post by Phaseless »

It's a minor glitch but I wanted to report it. Several times I was not sure because I didn't remember from last time and haywire'd, thinking I could do something else afterwards with the same unit. But haywire ends the turn, despite not having the end turn arrow displayed.
nmkaplan

Re: Haywire doesn't have the end turn flag

Post by nmkaplan »

As I recall reading somewhere, that "ends turn" marker in the HUD was actually stupidly difficult for them to access, and behaved inconsistently when they tried to change it.

If you ever can't remember whether an action ends the turn, just refer to the color of the ability icon.

Yellow = 2 actions, ends turn
Blue = 1 action ends turn
White = 1 action, does NOT end turn
Green = free

The color coding system is wonderful and also wonderfully consistent. For instance, when you take rapid targeting on a sharpshooter, the normal holotarget action icon is white for that soldier, whereas non-holotargeting sharpshooters have it as a blue action.

I believe the only exception here are the psi powers, which all show as purple icons. Mind merge, Insanity, and Stasis don't end the turn, but all the other psi abilities do.
Phaseless

Re: Haywire doesn't have the end turn flag

Post by Phaseless »

nmkaplan wrote:As I recall reading somewhere, that "ends turn" marker in the HUD was actually stupidly difficult for them to access, and behaved inconsistently when they tried to change it.

If you ever can't remember whether an action ends the turn, just refer to the color of the ability icon.

Yellow = 2 actions, ends turn
Blue = 1 action ends turn
White = 1 action, does NOT end turn
Green = free

The color coding system is wonderful and also wonderfully consistent. For instance, when you take rapid targeting on a sharpshooter, the normal holotarget action icon is white for that soldier, whereas non-holotargeting sharpshooters have it as a blue action.

I believe the only exception here are the psi powers, which all show as purple icons. Mind merge, Insanity, and Stasis don't end the turn, but all the other psi abilities do.
Thanks for that tip, you're right, it's consistent. I already had a hinch color coding went in that direction but I never wrapped my brain around it enough.