[INVESTIGATED - NO BUG]

Izmir Stinger

[INVESTIGATED - NO BUG]

Post by Izmir Stinger »

I started a campaign with Hidden Potential turned on (default 35%) for the first time and I watched my starting crop of rookies stats to see who was getting lucky with their level ups. Either I am incredibly lucky, the standard Will progression described on UFOpaedia is incorrect or there is a bug in the Hidden Potential algorithm. I was mostly watching aim and hp, but I think one of my soldiers got 10 will on level up which isn't within 35% of the standard amount any class gains at Squaddie. Pretty sure every soldier got more than their share. I'm playing ironman, so I don't have a save I can go back to and confirm exact values, but I will record their LCPL lvl up carefully. Obviously "proving" it is bugged would require a much larger sample size to rule out the possibility I am just lucky, but I was wondering if maybe someone else had noticed this. A sanity check of the hidden potential level up algorithm might be warranted.

No, I am not running mods which modify soldier stats besides Long War.
Last edited by Izmir Stinger on Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fowlJ

Re: Hidden Potential granting excess will?

Post by fowlJ »

It's possible the ufopaedia has been updated since last I checked it, but if it hasn't, it isn't telling the full story regarding Will - all soldiers, in addition to the small amount of Will granted by their class, gain 4-12 points of Will at every level.
Izmir Stinger

Re: Hidden Potential granting excess will?

Post by Izmir Stinger »

fowlJ wrote:It's possible the ufopaedia has been updated since last I checked it, but if it hasn't, it isn't telling the full story regarding Will - all soldiers, in addition to the small amount of Will granted by their class, gain 4-12 points of Will at every level.
Ah, that explains it. Guess I had never paid attention to my soldier's will progression before. I tend to forget about it until I get a good will PCS and then I just look at everybody to see who needs it the most. All of my LCpl and three new squaddie level ups fell within that range. It looks like I was pretty lucky on my first batch of will rolls, just not as much as I thought.