1.4 Psi Bug (serious solace x 2 issues)

trihero

1.4 Psi Bug (serious solace x 2 issues)

Post by trihero »

V1.4, cosmetic mods

I've been playing on Rookie mode, I have 6 psi ops and been training them up, and I noticed bizarrely that 4 of them at some point in training have been offered the option to train 2 versions of Solace in the psi lab at the same time. One is clearly the base Solace since it mentions being an aura, and the other one is clearly the updated one since it has a shorter tooltip which doesn't mention being an aura.

When I finish learning one or the other, I get some debugging message that says something like "locfriendly name missing." Even after I learned both versions of solace, which shouldn't be possible and is a waste of a skill point, neither one shows up in my skill list in the avenger or in combat.

Yikes!

I don't know if it helps to reproduce it, but I always prefer to learn Fortress > Stasis > Solace in that order when training them up, avoiding as much as possible any of the base skill upgrades and avoiding Fuse.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: 1.4 Psi Bug (serious solace x 2 issues)

Post by johnnylump »

Was this a fresh campaign or one you upgraded from 1.2?
trihero

Post by trihero »

It's fresh. Definitely not 1.2.

Not sure if it's 1.3 or 1.4 when I started; looking at my saves I did gatecrasher for this run on 5/21 around 2:30 pm. I think 1.4 came out by then?

I had completed a 1.3 Rookie run, then I gave up on a 1.3/1.4 legend run after a couple in game months, then I did this new rookie run where I ran into the issue described in the original post.
Last edited by trihero on Tue May 23, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Think I figured it out. Old Solace isn't on the Psi tree, but it's still listed as a prereq for Bastion, so when you roll up Bastion it will sub in the old Solace. Can't be fixed via config so will have to wait till next version.
trihero

Post by trihero »

Thank you for your work and response!
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

trihero wrote:Thank you for your work and response!
So is solace completely useless, then, if it doesn't show up in combat even after you train it? Is the workaround here just "never train solace"? If so, is there a way to mod the config so solace doesn't show up as an option anymore?
Lyzak

Post by Lyzak »

johnnylump wrote:Think I figured it out. Old Solace isn't on the Psi tree, but it's still listed as a prereq for Bastion, so when you roll up Bastion it will sub in the old Solace. Can't be fixed via config so will have to wait till next version.
I'm not gonna kill a bunch of rookies if you know what I mean, but I will point out - though I'm sure you already understand this - that this means training psi soldiers is a fairly bad idea until said 'next version' drops, especially considering Solace is now a prerequisite for both Domination and Void Rift (and arguably the best "first pick" between itself, Stasis, and Fortress, since it doesn't unlock any other psi abilities that may pop up and lower your chances of unlocking the rest of the prerequisites). In a naïve way, I might even call that "game breaking," at least if you invested substantially in making psi soldiers part of your master plan to retake earth.

... which kinda sucks, because I just unlocked my psi lab and started training rookies. Welp. :?
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Maybe i just got lucky somehow.. but when i first picked Solace -- it actually correctly lead to me having access to VoidRift since i had already picked Fortress for that soldier. I haven't reached a point where Domination becomes possible after Statis + Solace (in that order) for another PsiOp.. but it might well work too.

That probably means.. an indirect workaround (until official update) can be used to always pick Fortress or Statis BEFORE Solace when possible if your objective is to obtain VoidRift or Domination.
LeaderEnemyBoss

Post by LeaderEnemyBoss »

Will 1.5 be another hotfix mod that is quickly released like 1.4? Else I may release a fixmod for this specific issue since it seems rather easy to fix and it has a big impact.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

LeaderEnemyBoss wrote:Will 1.5 be another hotfix mod that is quickly released like 1.4? Else I may release a fixmod for this specific issue since it seems rather easy to fix and it has a big impact.
This would be wonderful, barring a quick 1.5 release. I'm a fan of some of your other mods, and I was excited to try out the 1.3 psiops. I was especially interested to see if I could use solace and avoid revival protocol.
trihero

Post by trihero »

nmkaplan wrote:
So is solace completely useless, then, if it doesn't show up in combat even after you train it? Is the workaround here just "never train solace"? If so, is there a way to mod the config so solace doesn't show up as an option anymore?
I didn't want to be the one who said it out loud first for fear of angering the gods, but yes to me this makes the psi unusable in the current version. I had 4 psis who sunk 2 skillpoints into both solaces with nothing to show after all that hard leveling up.

To answer the other poster, I have had the option to train void rift and domination after learning both solaces, and I always always prefer to learn fortress/stasis above solace to begin with. So I don't think the "bug" prevents you from learning stuff that depends on solace, it "just" wastes your skillpoints.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

trihero wrote:
nmkaplan wrote:
I didn't want to be the one who said it out loud first for fear of angering the gods, but yes to me this makes the psi unusable in the current version. I had 4 psis who sunk 2 skillpoints into both solaces with nothing to show after all that hard leveling up.

To answer the other poster, I have had the option to train void rift and domination after learning both solaces, and I always always prefer to learn fortress/stasis above solace to begin with. So I don't think the "bug" prevents you from learning stuff that depends on solace, it "just" wastes your skillpoints.
Help us, LeaderEnemyBoss, you're our only hope!
Lyzak

Post by Lyzak »

If and when the team does fix this bug, please have in place some kind of protocol to ah... repair our Psi Operatives.

See below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpztgks86t0xce4/Solace.png
maikk

Post by maikk »

was about to start a new topic myself

my soldier was already trained with the new 1.3 solace and she could train also the old one

#1 , #2 , #3

note how she's a "mystic" but she doesn't have any mystic ability

ps: fresh 1.3 campaign
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

LEB, a fanpatch from you would be greatly appreciated. A fix for the psionic damage scaling bug would be appreciated too. Solace, Soulfire, Null Lance, Void Rift are all directly bugged, and Domination and Void Rift have indirect bugs. Psions are possibly worse off than they were before 1.3, that this was the patch that was supposed to make them better. :lol:
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

RealityMachina released a mod patch for the Bastion issue, which should hold everyone over until then: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =933334693
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Awesome! Thanks to RealityMachina for the mod and to Tuhalu for the heads up.
Lyzak

Post by Lyzak »

Has anyone tested this "fan patch" with soldiers that have already rolled the old/invalid Solace into their training options? (Not, in my case, having actually trained it)
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

I haven't, but I wouldn't expect this to "fix" characters that already have the old solace unlocked in their perk choices. All it does is correct the dependencies for future unlocks.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

I enabled this mod last night, and then started training solace on one of my PsiOps. It was the "correct" version of solace with the updated LW2 1.3 description.

I'll post here again with what happens when I finish training it.
my357magnum

Post by my357magnum »

Is there any way to force a respec of the PSI abilities similar to the AWC, which allows respec of the traditional classes ?

I used the AWC respec to fix most of my classes during the transition from 1.2 to 1.3, but i'm not sure how easy that would be to implement as a mod in LW 1.5
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

This would be tedious for a total respec, but there's a pretty nice step-by-step for repairing Solace in this thread - http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 17&t=26221