Crash when starting game

JohanBleoak

Crash when starting game

Post by JohanBleoak »

I have been playing with the LW2 mod for a long time, and now all of a sudden it won't even launch. I have tried refreshing the .ini files, reinstalling the game, verifying game files, restarting steam, restarting my computer, playing with no mods, playing with just LW2, and disabling multiple programs that could have been interfering, although I doubt any of them were. Attached is a crash report (I can only send the log file, because the DMP file is too large, even when compressed). I also downloaded xcom 2 on a different computer where it did work, but I can't play it on that one because it's too laggy. So if anyone has any suggestions for me, I really just wanna play xcom. Thanks.
Attachments
XCom-CL234736-2017.05.04-11.33.49_Logfile.rar
(14.76 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Re: Crash when starting game

Post by tracktwo »

Unfortunately only Firaxis can do much with the actual dump files, we can't really use them to debug a crash. There isn't anything in the log file that jumps out at me to indicate what's causing your problem, and if it crashes without any mods loaded at all, then it sounds like something with either just XCOM2 or your machine in particular, especially if it works on a different one.

Maybe someone will have some tips on how to work around the problem but unfortunately it doesn't seem like something we can fix on our end. Good luck!
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

If you are using RivaTuner, you have to update this. Maybe you upgraded to Win10 Creator?
JohanBleoak

Post by JohanBleoak »

Thank you for your replies, I honestly have no idea what was wrong with it, but it's fine now. I tend to understand bugs and computer problems, but sometimes it's just a mystery.