Unable to assign soldiers to new squads

DEinspanjer

Unable to assign soldiers to new squads

Post by DEinspanjer »

Running with the latest version of X2 on Win10.
Installed LW2 from Workshop yesterday.
Per troubleshooting tips, tried removing all inis and letting them get regenerated.
First observed the problem with no mods other than LW2 enabled.

When I saw LW2 was released, I installed it, ran X2, turned off all my previous mods, and enabled just LW2.
I also sadly disabled my controller since I saw that you do not support it.
Started a new LW2 game and got into it. No obvious problems until I tried to go into the Squad Management screen.
My starting squad is listed there with 12 or so people in it. There are several additional soldiers that are not members of that squad.

When I click the create squad button, *two* squads get created. Almost like it is double clicking even though I am very carefully only clicking once.

If I select one of those squads and then click on the Assign button, I see the list panel flicker briefly to "Unassigned soldiers" but then it just goes right back to the empty squad list view. I tried rapidly clicking, clicking on the button then elsewhere, and several other things, but I just can't get the unassigned list to stick around. As before, it feels like the UI is interpreting my click as two separate clicks causing it to toggle.

I can offer a save game if it helps.
karmakgb

Re: Unable to assign soldiers to new squads

Post by karmakgb »

I have the same issue. It may be related to having a controller plugged in, even if you are using mouse and keyboard. I'm still testing it in various scenarios but it may only be a problem when my Steam Controller is turned on. Definitely an annoyance, since the Steam Controller is supposed to work as a mouse and keyboard. One would think it is compatible but this does seem to be an issue. Not sure if it's something they will be able to fix though, sadly.
DEinspanjer

Post by DEinspanjer »

I actually found a way around this issue last night.

Using my steam controller, if I click on the button three times very fast and leave the trigger held on the third click, I can then move the cursor off of the button and the screen will stay on the assignment view. Repeat the action to switch back.

Annoying, but better than having no ability to create squads at all.
karmakgb

Post by karmakgb »

Good find. That "works" for me too. Agreed that it's better than nothing. Now, if only we could type in renaming fields with our Steam Controllers! Thanks for the fix, though.