Can we surround alien/advent strategically?

Share strategy and tips here.
SamXjones

Can we surround alien/advent strategically?

Post by SamXjones »

I am curreny in a game, where East Asia is connected to New India, New Arctic and West Asia Corridor ONLY. I have liberated West Asia Corridor, planning to liberate New India and New Arctic because the Advent Strenght in East Asia is substainally higher than anywhere on the map.

So, if my plan work:
1. does it basically means the alien can only reinforce East Asia by UFO since all the road to East Asia is blocked?
2. Is it possible to eventually cut their strenght back to low if I can keep shooting down their UFO and raiding their troop colum in East Asia?
3. What will all the remaining forces do or where will they go/retreat to if I then finally liberate East Asia?
8wayz

Re: Can we surround alien/advent strategically?

Post by 8wayz »

Yep, if you surround a region the only way to reinforce it is via UFO. However, there are 3 different types of UFO, so while in theory you might try to shoot down UFOs and hit Troop columns hard, in practice you will not be able to detect all of them.

You should be able to reduce the strength of the region by 1 or 2 in the long term, but this will also spike Vigilance and trigger additional UFO reinforcements (the super urgent ones add 2 points of Strength). I highly doubt that you will be able to drop the region to 1 Strength.

If you liberate a surrounded region all the troops there will just be removed from the game. However, this will again trigger reinforcements across the globe as overall Advent strength might fall drastically depending on how you are doing in your other regions.
SamXjones

Post by SamXjones »

8wayz wrote:Yep, ...
If you liberate a surrounded region all the troops there will just be removed from the game. However, this will again trigger reinforcements across the globe as overall Advent strength might fall drastically depending on how you are doing in your other regions.
Wow, so I can really play the strategy game like Go, that is awsome!!!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

You might be intetested in this thread, as it was motivated by an isolated region and goes into some details on the matter:

http://pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/vi ... 16&t=26463